The Dark Side of the Moon

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by AK Infinity, Apr 17, 2006.

1. I've just loaded a bowl of the dankasuarus and pushed play on my CD player playin' the Dark Side of the Moon. I'm sort of caught between a head shot and a major blow to a major organ of highness cuz I'm baked bros. High sure enough but I'm trying to find a way to cope. Pink Floyd is my absolute favorite band, bar fucking none. They capture a musical mystical element that's accessible only by the peaceful. Their riffs are luxurious and sweeping, and their grasp of the impact of ordinary life brilliant.
    <O:p</O:p
    A stony thought at a very stony moment cuz life's too short to trip.

TIME

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
    You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
    Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
    Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
    You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
    And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
    No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again.
    The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
    Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
    The time is gone, the song is over,
    Thought I'd something more to say.

~Pink Floyd-Time~<O:p</O:p

2. Yeah, Dark side is deffinitely one of the greatest stoner albums of all time. Ever hear Dub Side of the Moon? I like it even better than Dark Side!

3. If you like Floyd so much you should try doing the Dark Side of the Rainbow thing and sync the Dark Side of the Moon album to the Wizard of Oz movie. I did it and it is incredible. The mood of the movie changes in sync to the mood of the music and even some of the lyrics of the album link up with the things that are happening in the movie. To do it you start the REAL not burnt version of Dark Side of the Moon on the 3rd MGM lion roar and sit back and watch. Im not too sure about how to set it up but you can find all you need by doing a search on the net. Have fun, its amazing!

4. I just tripped to this on saturday night, it was awesome.

5. Yeah, I know what you mean.
    Its really hard to cope with really good music because "dankasaurus" you know, doesn't mix so well with music. Especially music like pink floyd.

6. Fuck Darkside of Oz. Everything that happens takes soooo long and it's so boring to watch. Never got me very excited about anything.

And yeah, I did it right.

7. Don't let this comment prevent anyone from watching darkside of the moon to the Wizard of Oz. It is pretty incredible.

8. holly shit it is probly the best album to listen to. the mood of the album is perfect. all the songs smothly morph into onenother there isnt a single second that dosnt belong in that album. i listen to it and then when it is over i am like holly shit when did the first song end. ohh yeah money is such a good good good song. the bass is amazing:hello:

9. A couple of trips ago I was obsessed with this album and the movie The Wall. The whole album is great, but my favorite song on that album would be money. The way he sings about it and the music just really go along with the way I feel about it. The music speaks to me on LSD, that's for sure. Roger Waters and Syd Barrett are straight-up geniuses.

10. def my fav floyd cd

11. I love listening to them play the whole thing live on P.U.L.S.E. Anyone ever heard the bluegrass version of this? It's pretty interesting.

12. I love Dark Side of the Moon, but I'm listening to Have a Cigar on Wish You were Here right now.

The Dark Side of Oz thing is pretty kickass. It's insane how perfect it is.

13. i got the dark side of the moon cover prism thing tattooed on the back of my calf, it looks pretty sweet, yea that is a aeswsome album, its phycadelic however u spell that it makes me wanna trip

14. OMFG i trip so hard listening to The Dark Side Of The Moon. I just close my eyes and start tripping. It's fuckin' damn good.

15. Pink Floyd is AMAZING.

pure and simple.

16. awesome band and album, to me Breathe is like pure bliss in a song, but dont get me wrong i love the whole album (and others, but i dont want to hijack the dark side of the moon thread!)