The Crash of 2016

Discussion in 'Politics' started by forty winks, Feb 1, 2014.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=039Zh9KBCqY

It's long, but it's good.

2. I read the summary of the book. It all seems to be stuff we've known about the fed for a long time now.

I'm not sure why liberal outlets that seem to endorse it also endorse the Keynesian policies that are being discussed in the book and a president who panders to them.

3. The vid is about so much more than that.  I'm unable to sum it up, or I would.

4. Okay I made it 32 minutes and no mention of the fed. Is it all just about modern conservatism or does he talk about anything intellectual? All about nothing so far really. bat mobile

5. #5 Insert Name Here, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
    I listened to it... About half way I started to surf web but kept it playing in background so I heard end...
    To summarize: Conservatives are evil white men. Libertarians are evil white men that smoke pot. And Liberals are good, good, good and ALWAYS vote democratic... 

6. People hear what they want to hear, I guess.

7. Did he ever mention the fed? Or inflation even one time? bat mobile

My mistake. I read a synopses of his book. I guess his presentation was entirely different.

9. No to really summon it in a sentence.

WE ARE ALL FUCKED!

10. Video summary. All problems we face are because of conservatives. Liberals will save us while conservatives will ruin us.

I feel the speaker is confusing classical liberalism with liberalism of today. Or maybe I am?
    The speaker calls Thomas Paine a liberal but wasn't he a classical liberal?(closer to a libertarian then a liberal in today's standards)

11. [quote name="trixman22" post="19463899" timestamp="1391530478"]Video summary. All problems we face are because of conservatives. Liberals will save us while conservatives will ruin us.I feel the speaker is confusing classical liberalism with liberalism of today. Or maybe I am?The speaker calls Thomas Paine a liberal but wasn't he a classical liberal?(closer to a libertarian then a liberal in today's standards)[/quote]Exactly. ....I watched 32 minutes and he made it through the 60 70's 80s without even mentioning the fed , Bretton woods agreement, or inflation at all. Talking about the growing gap in income levels, both parents having to work and not being able to save without mentioning them is ridiculous and plain trash. I wouldn't waist my time watchingbat mobile

As I understand it, yes, you've got it right. Today's liberals are actually leftists.

Of course, these definitions are fluid depending on who is doing the defining.

13. Ironic since liberal policies destroy economies

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Only if you mean destroy by taking away any differences that makes us unique in the name of equality for the greater good of all! It would be easier if we were all just Chinese or robots or Chinese robots. Liberal ones of course :)

bat mobile

15. #15 DeathMadeTangible, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014

Liberal polices made blacks SOOOOO rich.