The Corto Skyzo Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Corto Malteze, May 9, 2011.

1. They look like you transplanted them right before taking the pictures. Whats up with the foot gap between nodes on the left plant? Also you lsting the one on the right? Shoot man, I hope you upload more than one pic once they get bigger!

2. Hi wmf,

Yep I'd just transplanted them after 2 or 3 weeks on their own. They took a beating and some stretching due to being in the shade. The pot on the right has 4 plants together. The most important is that the root system I developed indoors will allow them to grow strong quickly and make new shoots. Now they're in the sun. I'll be posting from all my plots soon.

3. for the bump here's the update :wave::

4. Hey Corto!!:wave:
    Nice grow you got going, How long have they been breathing? It's cool to see grows from other countries and still do guerilla. Best of luck to you!

5. Looks like you've been quite the pack mule Corto. I know it's tough work but don't get disillusioned, the heavy lifting will be over for a while now. Keep up the good work, my only problem with the Sensi Star is that I only have one of them!

6. Hi Miasm, thanks for the good wishes. Breathing? they were sowed on April 13th. I can't grow in my backyard as most people on the planet unfortunately.

Yeah OP; exactly. I got to a point where hauling soil was seriously pissing me off. But now that all but one of my spots is running, it's all good. I gotta check on my two Sensi stars. Hopefully they're quite large by now (1 month in final spots). Ok take care my friend. :wave:

7. good luck with the grow corto! wish u the best of luck and ill hopefully b watching these journals more now

8. Yeah thanks Naorb. I'm psyched cause I got 90% of my plants in their final locations and hopefully getting big now. My goal was to get them in by mid May (2/3rds done). The last pic I just planted but more weed is fine with me lol. I still have 5 extra feminised to plant in a final quick location near a river again. I'll be posting more thanks for watching buddy.

9. Whatever we have to do to get our beloved herbal brotha.:smoke:
    Hope they suck up a lot of sun Corto!:wave:

10. Yeah I know Miasm, we're nuts. It's a little crazy! This year, I had to stop listening to myself and hauling shit loads of soil. There was just too much for me and Skyzo. You can hurt your back and lose a lot of time when hauling too much. Also as I said before, this year, I underestimated on the last spot (last pic) and had to go back there (very far from home) 3 times before actually setting them up. If you guys are new in the biz, my 2 c. is don't haul too much (your body will crack) and don't haul too far.

For example, I found an accessible dirt road near my last spot that I could have used to haul the soil by car. But I didn't know of it... and hauled the shit out of my self. I'm thinking of buying a small ATV for next year as it can be a godsend. Anyway, I learned a lot this year, namely I learned of my own limitations. 5-10 gallons is enough per plant in remote locations. My main spots got 30 gallons soil but weren't far in hauling distance. They better get huge plants! I think Dank is right that you should prefer sun vs more soil. If you can get both it'll yield large. It's all in the strategies and the timing to have em set up by mid end May. See you guys. :wave:

11. I'm quite lucky I must say, I filled 3 5 gallon containers with perlite and drilled a hole. DONE! I applaud your stamina and determination. We're all gonna face hurdles this season, one of mine being it might get too big for my backyard!! Dude, Get an ATV and don't kill yourself!! Hauling enough soil to fill a 30gal is backbreaking, I know, I had to sift all the rocks out of my frontyard, put the rocks on the side of the house, laid down this plastic material so we could build a pond/waterfall then put all the rocks back. Killed my body but sculpted the fuck out of my back and shoulders!

12. Yeah it's much easier when you grow closeby. I don't think I'll get an ATV cause most my spots are 1h30 m away from home so I'd have trouble bringing the ATV and the soil there lol. I didn't hurt myself luckily but i think it was close. I learned a great lesson: don't haul too much it ain't worth it to hurt yourself. It's true I got a good work out but it damn near killed me. Alright Miasm good luck and see you later.

13. Haulin soil is a good workout il say that specially when ya gota walk a good bit...

Feels good though to tell yourself your gona do something and even though it was hard as hell ya still got it done. Makes that beer and joint you have at the end of the day that much better.

Lookin mighty fine:hello:

14. Looking nice Corto how much soil for each plant? You have more coming out correct? Hauling soil is definitely a workout or two:p, I almost cracked my neck hauling my soil.:(

15. Yeah Alpha, it was a great but tedious accomplishment. Plus not being seen and all is pretty tricky.I hope those plants make it home now! After all my efforts. I'll be enjoying that tokage and cerveza for sure. Anyway, I learned a lesson: don't haul too much shit for a long time. It'll break your back and hurt you. Take care buddy.

Hi Euphoric toker! I got 30 gallon per plant in my regular spots. The last pic is about 10-15 gallons per plant. I used some coco bricks (5 kilos expand to 12 gallons, those are really practical). Yeah it's a work out but sometimes we go over the red line and hurt ourselves because we're so desperate for "the green"!!! Well time to look in front. I still got a spot to set up but this one is nearby and won't be such a hassle. Don't hurt yourself ET, and listen to your mind telling you , no this sucks, it's too much for my body lol. Thanks for watching and see you guys.

16. Hiya Corto,
    I am late to your party....haven't even been checking the outdoor grow journal page cause of so much going on with my grows and sub'd threads. It's my first outdoor season in real life and in the City. But I'm in now and am looking forward to reading backwards and catching up..stay safe.
    :smoke:

17. Yo Marapa! What' up? Welcome to the "party". I've been through hell like many growers but I can see the light ahead and it's mostly downhill now. :hello: Good luck and thanks for the wishes.

18. Yo soy Guillermo, mucho gusto mis amigo. Suertes en su trabajando este anos, GJ's

ps. esculpeme mi espanol. no estudio en escuela, pero hablamos mucho

19. Regale us with an update brother Corto!

20. Easy Corto! you sure don't need any injuries going into the season. You're not kidding at all though--this job is a tough one!! Strength training is a must, in my opinion, and keeping the body limber is also a big help. Man, if you throw out your back, sometimes it never returns to normal.

Hey are those some sort of swamp tube, or do you just have your pots shrouded? I've been checking out camo-pots. Have you seen them? They would probably work well in the sort of terrain you have there.

Take it easy Corto. Drink a lot of water and get in a good stretch before you head out. It really helps to prevent injuries.