The Corto Skyzo Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Corto Malteze, May 9, 2011.

1. Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for Corto. It's quite a dry heat during the summer in California, without a mulch a few years back I had to go up almost every other day which was a pain, and a liability to my grow. We got plenty of half used mulch bags around the house and i'll try that stick thing also.
    Sorry to be so specific, but isn't mulch kind of acidic? Like should I mix in a little dolomite so my water doesn't turn acidic draining through the mulch?

Anyways, seems like we started about the same this year, only your growing a few more plants then me;)
    I never really got to compare mine with other peoples through out the season before so this should be fun:rolleyes::cool:

2. #22 Corto Malteze, May 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2011
    Yeah man no problem. No, mulch isn't acidic. Outdoors, esp. with organics mother Nature takes care of the pH. Especially in a hole nothing will happen. To choose the mulch, go in a garden center, it's very common or make it if you have the time and don't want to spend the money. If people use it on their vegetable gardens you can use it.

Here's a pic of a dozen plants ready to go out. The tape is to hold them together in two groups and to not have them fall. They are 1 month old (sowed April 13th). 4 feminized, 8 regular.

They're almost 1 foot bushes with 2 or 3 inch branches for some. I topped them twice and will a third time (all the ends I see) before they are planted. That way I increase the number of branches and the plant will yield more and be stronger. It's also easier to grow indoors and to transport. Top and fim almost as much as you can in veg with non auto plants.

The femmed Purple Maroc and Trainwreck are growing strong. I like the Mandala (reg) and the other Canadian regular seeds (good genetics). Anyways, these babies are about to hit the spots that are ready for them. It's almost time. :smoke:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. you say mother nature will take care of everything?
    so should i just water with a nutral ph of 7? right now ive been doing 6.5 ph just cuz to stick with what i started with

4. beautiful bro, me and my partner were kinda goin back and forth about topping... I said we should top and fimm most all of em and he didn't want to do any claiming that with our late start they wont recover from the top in time to grow large enough for a large yield. what ur thoughts?

5. This is outdoors. Don't worry about the pH. Just don't over do the ferts if you're going chemical and place the hot ferts at bottom (chicken, horse, blood, bone...) and lighter ones (castings, some manure) in upper part. Kelp and Guano can be placed everywhere (don't burn). I place everything and just let mother nature take care of the rest. :) The trick is add a lot of non burning ferts and less + place at bottom hotter ones... I don't use liquid ferts but if you're going chemical don't over do it. But don't worry about the pH. Add bloom ferts as well as they raise the pH. Veg ferts lower it so use a bit of the other in each cycle if you want to think about the pH but outdoors it's no problem..

Top the shit out of them man. I prefer topping (cut whole part of new growth between two future branches) as opposed to fimming (cut half way and get 4 branches). They love it (if non autos) and this should be done early all along veg. like 10 times (every week or other week, top em). Stop in bloom. If your mix is airy and your spot is sunny (8 hours direct sun) 45 days is all you need to grow a 5 foot plant (I did it myself). With a full day sunny spot (10 hours +) you can grow a 7 footer in that time easily. No sun no growth.

6. Hey Corto & Skyzo...just letting you fellow night owls know that there is an Okie in the gallery, listening, learning, and enjoying this 2011 grow...my own grow is in full swing here in the nations. ThanX for the school'n!

7. #27 Corto Malteze, May 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
    Sure okietoker, welcome aboard. Here's a better pic of the "dirty dozen" getting used to the sun before being planted. The pic is at the end of the day though. I top dressed them with worm castings, 1/4 inch around side of pot, as they're hungry boys and girls. I topped them (pinch off ends) 3 times. I smoked the ends and they are very potent already and sticky (not on bagseed). They have a major root system now and are about to go out in 30 gallons of soil each (not the reg which go at 3 per hole).

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Your autos are already budding? Lucky duck.

As for those plants, that is quite some training your doing.

9. Looking good. I agree with the topping, but i don't go overboard with.

10. good looking grow so far!

11. No not the autos, I meant the tops of those plants you see, it's a little sticky and not bad. Thanks man.

Once they get planted, I won't have access so I'm topping several times and early. But yeah I'll stop for a few weeks now and let tem grow. Some don't like it and kind of freeze in their growth. They are waiting to get to their homes soon.

Thanks Cap'n. See you. :wave:

12. #32 washedmothafuka, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
    What?? Now I'm super confused, could be this blackberry kush I'm smoking on but didn't you say you topped the plant and "I smoked the ends and they are very potent already and sticky"
    So then what exactly did you smoke that is potent and sticky?
    Jeez I'm probly bout to feel like a dumbass when you respond :bongin::cool:

Edit: Wait! Are they starting to flower or something?

13. No they're not flowering lol! I mean the tops I snip from the plants in veg (topping). They are a little potent and have some THC in them! I'm hoping to haevest the autos in 2 months about. Here's a pic of the bigger ones getting used to the sun. They get only the sun in the morning and then I'll plca them in dull day sun for a few days and they'll be taken out in the bush.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. Hey Corto, your plants look so big already. Good Luck. What is the total count so far?

15. Thanks man. I have 2 femmed planted and 4 femmed in this group. + regulars (a dozen).

:D:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. You are going to have some massive stems there Corto. Your side shoots are already taking off like none other. Do you lst the multiple new stems at all, or just let them grow naturally?

17. I topped every end I saw three times in one month ( after 2 weeks once, then every week). I'll leave them for 2 or 3 weeks now. But I love this method (not easy to do when plants started all guerilla) with the comfort of the indoor grow. That way I get at least 8 big branches starting from the bottom of the plant. I will LST later in the season when they grow up. Also I will top them agressively in 2 or 3 weeks (pinch off all tops) and then again all along vegging (until end July about). Thanks for watching wmf. These are gonna go mad in the holes I got for them. Hihihi!

18. Hey Hey. Looking pretty killer man.

Corto How many tops are you expecting to end up with after all the topping is done?
    Do they fill out into a bush?

19. gotta love duck tape,but i love'z me some sensi star even more havent grown it out yet but hopefully i can get a full perspective of its potential threw your journal of it ;),what kind of reg. seeds you runnin?

20. #40 Corto Malteze, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
    thanks man! I'm not sure it's the first I get to top them so much (indoor start). Many big branches. They'll be easier to LST. I'm aiming for a bush. :D

Yep duct tape id really cool! I never tried it but they sa it's great smoke. The regs are Cali indica, the black, durban poison (paradise) etc... done by Canadian breeders.

We just got back with SKyzo and all went to plan. We had two cars so the 1st guy could warn in case. All the plants are planted for these 2 spots! Here are some pics. Wheew, it feels good to have that done. :D