The Consequences of Water fluoridation

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by 14grams, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Water fluoridation is the controlled addition of fluoride to a public water supply to "reduce tooth decay." but cavities are the least of your problems when ingesting fluoride.

Bones can be negatively affected by fluoride. Cases of skeletal fluorosis are associated
    with high levels of fluoride in drinking water or in ambient air at work or at home

It bio accumulates so u don't need a high dosage for it to be lethal, or cause other serious health problems such as skeletal fluorosis or cancer.

"In areas of the world with high levels of fluoride naturally present in minerals and water,
    intake of fluoride from drinking water and foodstuffs is the primary cause for endemic
    skeletal fluorosis, a crippling disability that affects millions of people in various parts of
    Africa, China and India."

"While proponents of fluoridation have long claimed that the safety of fluoride is a “settled” question, the NRC report emphatically undermines this contention. The NRC report identifies a staggering number of fundamental questions about fluoride’s safety that have yet to be adequately addressed. According to the panel’s chairman Dr. John Doull, “when we looked at the studies that have been done, we found that many of these questions are unsettled and we have much less information than we should, considering how long this [fluoridation] has been going on. I think that’s why fluoridation is still being challenged so many years after it began.”

As noted by FAN’s Executive Director, Dr. Paul Connett, “the crucial message of this report is that the highest scientific authority in the US has determined that low levels of fluoride in drinking water may have serious adverse health effects.” "

source- Fluoride Action Network | National Research Council (2006)

Flouride in water is a prime example of 'cognitive dissonance'... in real time

another informative article: http://www.greenfacts.org/en/fluoride/fluoride-greenfacts-level2.pdf

2. Where can I get clean water?

Serious question. In my mind, right now its either tap water or bottled water. How do I drink clean water?

3. again

4. For pure water i would suggest water bottles (can get expensive) or installing an Under-Sink Advanced Water Filtration System.

5. Didn't we just debunk this like two days ago?

6. or you could boil and filter your water with a simple FUCKING SILK SCREEN.

this is basic survival training. Instead of trying to scare people, maybe try researching?

7. Maybe you should go and become a real scientist and maybe people will listen to you.

8. [quote name='"Pot Toker"']Didn't we just debunk this like two days ago?[/quote]

Op cited sources that are obviously biased. This is a topic I really can't decide either way on. On one side you can see no western European countries add fluoride to their water anymore. But then the CDC found no link between the water in the us and adverse health effects.

9. I ain't even mad

10. damn people are in denial

how are those articles biased?

with a quick google search of "water fluoridation " you can find hundreds of unbiased scholarly articles

11. Interesting, we've never had fluoridated water, in 2004 they even rejected a proposal to fluoridate the water because they felt medical studies were not providing sufficient evidence to suggest there was a need for it.

I personally don't see why they need to add fluoride since it already naturally occurs in water. Calcium fluoride not sodium fluoride that is.