The collapse of the United States will look similar to the Soviet Union

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Dec 25, 2011.

1. So I guess that means that each state will just break from the union and form its own country?

2. Gerald Celente has no credibility. Forget about it James. The US hasn't even flexed her muscles yet.

3. Not necessarily. But it does mean the US would lose its world wide sphere of influence. When all your friends are only your friends because you have big muscles and you give them money all the time. It should be unsurprising that Europe for example would no longer want to be our friends when we don't have muscle to protect them or money to throw at them.

4. The way we exercise our influence is outdated and costly. We have the technology to do more with less and that transition will occur.

5. States wouldn't have to break off and form as separate nations per-say, rather a massive decentralization of power. Instead of the member states of the USSR disbanding, simply have control over governance become more localized.

More adherence to regions, less dogmatic chants of "USA! USA! USA!"

6. And I am not saying the US should split apart at all, merely that it would be similiar to the Soviet Union if it did.

7. The federal government would never let a "split" occur. It will make the first civil war look like child's play. We are one nation, united (by force or otherwise :p). Period.

8. The military is made up of soldiers and the soldiers seem to like Ron Paul my friend. And seriously our military gets its ass kicked by 2,000 illiterate cave dwelling Taliban troops in Afghanistan with less than a hundred Al Qaeda members. I think 150 million Americans or even 100,000 would be more than enough. Guerrilla warfare all across the United States, the military would be demoralized and fall a part fast.

9. We dont get our ass kicked. We, out of the goodness of our hearts, abide by international laws governing wartime conditions. We could ethnically cleanse the Taliban if we decided to become the nazi germany we're accused of being. All of the troops do not support Ron Paul and as far as the lawyers and all the right courts are concerned we are following the constitution THEREFORE any soldiers refusing to follow orders will be court martialed and probably dishonerably discharged and many new jobs will be created in this economic downturn. :wave:

10. that's right..

only when it's not a declared war do we break international laws.. :rolleyes:

11. [​IMG] Damn communist bastards!

12. Is that what the lawyers and congress decided? Or are you just making shit up again?

13. according to the UN we do...

do you really need links?

so in your eyes the US does not break international laws?

ever?

14. I am talking about the geneva convention. I am talking about doing everything in our power, including putting our own fucking troops in danger, to minimize civilian casualties. I don't recognize international laws. Our laws approve of what we do and that's the final authority.

15. then why would you boast about it in your post, like it's some great thing?

and dude.. we have tons of violations of the geneva conventions?

are you crazy?

16. The US has already collapsed. Because we are the nation we are, we will never truly be defeated. America is now on the rise again

17. You are delusional.

18. If the US was to collapse, it would be similar to the Soviet Union. The only differences would be geographically and the extent of the collapse. At the rate the US is going, it will collapse 5x-10x worse than the Soviet Union did.

19. A US collapse is gonna be so much worse than the USSR. Is a barrel of oil priced in dollars or euros?(this may change soon) The dollar is the worlds currency. An economic collapse in the US will affect the whole world, dramatically.