Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The CODE

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bºx, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Yeah so I was having a smoke with this guy from work, whom I don't really know that well, but the weed is a good bringer together of strangers imo.

So anyway, just before he left he was like...

Him: Can I buy some weed from you?

Me: I dont really have that much on me, but I'll give you a few gram to tie you over for free (on the understanding, that when I was dry he would supply me for free).

Him: Like .. nice one.

Me: Like yeah and stuff.

So away he goes, and I was nearing the end of my current stock. So i got in contact with my usual guy for a restock... only the guy was in London till ages!! So I was like: Shit!

I got word that the guy I was smoking with was getting some decent bud.. so now a few days later and pretty much in desparation I go to him for a favour. Only to get told he's not selling any of his stuff nor giving it away. I think: fair enough the guy must be re-selling or whatever. No, he wanted it all for himself because he's a greedy cunt, excuse the language.

I didn't want to say: "But...but.. I gave you some of my weed" that would have felt a bit childish. But dammit I should have.

It's not so much the weed, as I'm back to normality with weed. But it's just the bare arsed cheek of some people. I seriously think I'm too naive when it comes to charity sometimes and I just dunno what code of honour some people follow these days.

I'm not that old (27) but i remember a bloody good code between smokers, it now seems to have evaporated into thin air and been replaced with hungry little bastards wanting it all for nothing.. .. I still keep the flame burning tho. for all those who remember the codes of old.

The love is strong in this Jedi it is!

2. yeh, some people get tight with their weed

dont waste time thinking about the greedy f****er

Next time u c him, pinch his stash

3. I know exactly what code your refering to and i think every person is different with it. For me, i live by the code, i make sure that if anyone ever smokes me down i remember it and will offer to pack a bowl the next time we chill. But i know a few people that are all about the code when it benefits them but when it doesn't they totally forget about it (like the guy your talking about).

I think the only thing you can do is just to remember the people that respect the code and don't' hesitate to throw them some nugs every now and then but the ones that don't just forget about them.

4. mang that's not coo, you gave him bud out of the kindness of your heart. some people!
    i too live by the code. it all started when i was a noob stoner and the dude who got me really into it lived on my street. when he was out, i'd smoke him out then not let him leave before i got a chance to give him a few nugs for the night and maybe morning, and he did the exact same for me. it was a really good relationship to have, so i developed my set of morals reguarding the good herb. toke unto others what you would want others to toke unto you, yeah. i would feel so, so, so wrong deep inside if i stole weed from one of my friends, and everyone i smoke with is my friend. :) n i consider not returning a toke stealing in situations where you're not real good buddies forever with the dude you smoked out.

5. Man, that's some dumb shit. What I hate, is you have a few friends you smoke out all the f'n time with your stash. Least they could do is buy some of their own and smoke you out, give you $5-10 to help pay for a satch, or even say THANKS!

Nope, never. I was hanging out with one buddy of mine all the time a few months ago ... smoking us out 24/7. Never got hit back by him, never got anything in return ... well, I haven't talked to him in a bit and first words out of his motuh when I see him were "Got any weed?" -- "Yes, yes I do". So, he proceeds to ask if I'd want to smoke him up. Uhh, no thanks bud! I'll keep my stash, buy your own!

6. we're all together and they want some beer. they have money, but hassle us to buy shit. i'm like fuuck no. haven't had them over since. weed whores..:mad:

7. Man thats shitty... I hate it when people monger their weed like that when you'v helped em out before. Its not that bad where I live, everyone smokes everyone else up and they get smoked up in return. If one of my friends brew bots I roll a 6 paper caper blunt and we get fuckin high :smoking::).

8. Karma will catch up with him. What goes around comes around. Don't sweat it, you took the higher road.

9. ^^exactly, karma always evens things out.

10. This thread reminds me of Cypress Hill- Can I Get a Hit

And I agree, I know I always appreciate it when somone really helps me out when I'm in need and I don't hesitate to do the same for them.

11. I know exactly what you mean. I always try to help out a fellow smoker in need. I've smoked a bunch a people out (some more than a couple times) and never saw anything in return. One nice guy did eventually give me $5 though. But I believe that what goes around, comes around, as far as smoking goes. So last night I got to smoke 3 dank bowls for free and it was awesome 'cause I've been dry for a while. I told the girl I'd have her back as soon as I got another bag. I hate moochers.

12. When people break the code in my town it's ass whippin time i wouldnt give him shit or smoke with him id be like fuck u dude

13. Yea Karma will catch him up.. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish anything bad on the guy, just maybe bird poop on the face or something will do.

14. man, if someone ever smokes me up for free when i'm dry and in need, that's the first person I go see/call when i re-up.

15. That's really fucked up; you didn't just help him out when he needed weed you straight up gave it to him, and now when he has some he won't hook you up? He should at least have the decency to repay the favour to someone he works with that he will see everyday

16. I'm actually on his side.

From the conversation you posted, I didn't see any agreement that he'd repay you. Yeah, it would be the good-hearted thing to do, but you said "I'll give you a few grams to tie you over for free". You didn't say "I'll give you a few grams to tie you over, just make sure you hit me back some time." Don't be a woman, he can't read your mind. If you expect him to return the favor, then say so.

Yeah, it would definitely be right of him to return the favor, but if you make the choice to give someone weed you can't expect that the instant you want them to return the favor they will be ready. Next time sell it.

17. Fair comment..

But I shouldn't have to say anything to him, he knew I was out, he knew I was looking, he was just plain greedy. And to be honest, I'm not the type of guy to question peoples motives with what they do once they have.

I was just a little annoyed that I was dry for like.. 1 night. Whilst this guy who could have easily donated a Jz worth at the very least sat at home and got wrecked on some fine bud.

There was no contract, or agreement that we made but surely sense prevails and these people have the decency to help a fellow smoker out since we sit practically at the same desk for like 8 hrs a day.

But I have learned my lesson, don't share, just think for me and disregard peoples problems in times of need.. why help people? they only throw it back in your face and make you angry.

18. Well all I can say is in the future, you know better... at the very least, if he asks again, just remind him about how you were in need and he wasn't willing to help you out, so why should you help him out? Also, since highschool I've made it a practice to charge for any bud I give to people... I'll smoke some one out for free if I'm smoking too, but if you wanna walk away with something I paid for, you're going to anny up... I've charged as little as $1.50 up to $5 for a joint, depending on who it was. Call it a lesson learned.

~ Terpsichore

19. Yup.. i do know better. But I must say, that if anyone I smoke with is needing tied over and I'm able to do so.. I will give. This is probably just a one-off and it wont happen again, and if Karma is on my side then all will be well ..lmfho.