The closing of threads

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by cheebaa, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Hey City,

So I was just browsing the S&P section and I happened to come across yet another thread talking about religion that got closed.

I have to say this is getting old to see and it annoys me. This one I have to comment on though.

On this thread there was 1 member who obviously wanted to debate but does not have the skills to. Instead they used insults and decided to be rude.

Now there have been many threads that go 4-10 pages before they get closed because of people who do not know how to argue. The thread will be going along as an actual debate- then someone wants to come in and be rude about it, or not be a grown up (or I'm sure some people just report the thread because they think the topic is rude).

Being that it is not fair to the mods and admins to baby sit the threads I though- why don't they just make it a privlage to post in the S&P section/

Say once you have enough posts to start repping people (and have it count) you would be allowed to visit and post in the S&P section of the forums.

If at any point a member becomes a problem they can be locked out.

I just don't think it is fair that now certain topics cannot be discussed (atleast at the level they should be) because of people who think a debate includes insults.

Also people need to understand when the thread is over their heads. I for example cannot argue things about religion to the extent of Rasta_Man, or Cottons, or Zylark (and many more) because I am not on their level with it. I know what I believe (or don't believe in) and I leave it at that. Probably what more people should do. Rather than use lame arguments- "well you cannot prove their is no god"

IDK, just a thought.

I know how you feel RMJL:

But you know as well as I do there are some good threads in there that go way beyond this level of thinkning. And its only when people turn the thread sour that it seems to become an issue.