the circle.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by MaxK, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Work. Free time. Sleep. Can it really be broken? Demotivation kicks in hard every time I revisit this reality. Just interested to see if anyone else is stuck in this rut. Its really all just self preservation.

2. I think a good majority of people are. It's essentially the same thing day in and day out with minor variances in between.

I know I am and have been for the past few years. It's only recently started getting to me. After my ex left it hit me pretty hard how routine and mundane my life is. Wake up, work out, eat, clean, work, eat, sleep. Every day, same thing.

3. I have to constantly pick up new hobbies to keep me interested in life as work drains me.  When I don't have something else on my mind that motivates me I get depressed and withdraw.  It also doesn't help that I'm on chat with a few friends everyday while at work and we all just complain about work.  Misery loves company, and we're all miserable (at work) lol!

4. #4 MaxK, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2013
    It would be nice to find some avenue to disengage from the cycle. I find myself picking up hobbies as well just to pass the time. I started playing guitar for 2 weeks extensively then lost interest. I joined the military(national gaurd) in all honesty to motovate me to do something with my time(in ait atm). And here I am just bored with it. Now ive got a cheap guitar in my closet and im killing time until I go back home and ait over. Its just another job.Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 Ryan1411, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013

6. A shitty rut like that is why I'm in a hotel in Florida right now. Couldn't take it, doing the same god damn things every day.

7. If only people were able to, or could choose to, work just enough to support their needs, then have plenty of free time to just be, walk in the countryside, spend time talking with good friends, etc, plenty of smoking of course. Rather than have to work as hard as many do because they have so much debt and expensive lifestyles because what else is the point in doing certain types of jobs if not to get money to buy more things?

8. Thats really the only reason. The thing is its possible to make so many things self sufficient. The basics like food and shelter are already in supply. Its just working to maintain them or pay it off.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Yet, if we weren't so consumer orientated, always wanting/buying more things, we wouldn't be in so much debt forcing us to work more than we want in jobs we may not enjoy doing.

10. For some I'm sure that's the case but for a lot if people its just the basics that are hard enough to provide. I make decent money and its hard enough just for me to keep up with the regular bills like mortgage and electricity and water. Add to that the food I have to buy and the gas I need in order to get to work. Those things force me to stay at a job I can't stand and be in this perpetual cycle of work, sleep, eat, repeat.

11. ^ sorry to hear that man.

12. Haha don't be man I wasn't complaining just sayin for some people it isnt always the fancy clothes or cars or jewelry that makes it this way. Not that we aren't at fault. My actions and choices led me to the position I'm in but its not fancy shit that keeps me here.

We all have the option to make our lives whatever we want. It just takes time and patience and a shit ton of hard work

13. I think the "falling into a rut" thing is the natural progression of life. That's not to say it should happen but it does. We grow up and spend our whole lives being told that our paths should all go in one direction and that we all need to hit certain milestones at certain times. Birth. Education. Career. Family. Retirement. Death.
    And for the most part very few people will experience a life that doesn't revolve around the big 3 (education, career, family). It's just what is expected. Our parents parents passed down those expectations and our parents handed them down as well. In turn most of our generation will tell their children to go to school, turn that education in to a career and use your career to support your family.
    Living out side of society's norms can be difficult. You can feel lost, adrift, selfish, lazy, judged...but you can also feel free, content, whole, happy and honest.

I don't even know if this post is relevant I kind of started rambling.

14. The circle is life, anything more and you're just over-thinking.  Its fun to over-think, but just remember its not the truth

15. You eat dead things so that you can live.