Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

the celestine prophecy

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Pinkfloydness, Oct 20, 2002.

1. has neone read the celestine prophecy by james redfield? if so, what are your thoughts? if not, well...i guess ill expain it later cant think right now

2. ... i guess an explanation is in order?

3. well...there are 11 insites that have been discovered ...they date back to 600bc and were found in peru...the insites show a look into the future of the human race...i copied a summary of the insites from a web site lol so here they are...

A Critical Mass

A new spiritual awakening is occurring in human culture, an awakening brought about by a critical mass of individuals who experience their lives as a spiritual unfolding, a journey in which we are led forward by mysterious coincidences.

The Longer Now

This awakening represents the creation of a new, more complete world view, which replaces a five-hundred-year-old preoccupation with secular survival and comfort. While this technological preoccupation was an important step, our awakening to life's coincidences is opening us up to the real purpose of human life on this planet, and the real nature of our universe.

A Matter Of Energy

We now experience that we live not in a material universe, but in a universe of dynamic energy. Everything extant is a field of sacred energy that we can sense and intuit. Moreover, we humans can project our energy by focusing our attention in the desired direction...where attention goes, energy flows...influencing other energy systems and increasing the pace of coincidences in our lives.

The Struggle For Power

Too often humans cut themselves off from the greater source of this energy and so feel weak and insecure. To gain energy we tend to manipulate or force others to give us attention and thus energy. When we successfully dominate others in this way, we feel more powerful, but they are left weakened and often fight back. Competition for scarce, human energy is the cause of all conflict between people.

The Message Of The Mystics

Insecurity and violence ends when we experience an inner connection with divine energy within, a connection described by mystics of all traditions. A sense of lightness - buoyancy - along with the constant sensation of love are measures of this connection. If these measures are present, the connection is real. If not, it is only pretended.

Clearing The Past

The more we stay connected, the more we are acutely aware of those times when we lose connection, usually when we are under stress. In these times, we can see our own particular way of stealing energy from others. Once our manipulations are brought to personal awareness, our connection becomes more constant and we can discover our own growth path in life, and our spiritual mission - the personal way we can contribute to the world.

Engaging The Flow

Knowing our personal mission further enhances the flow of mysterious coincidences as we are guided toward our destinies. First we have a question; then dreams, daydreams, and intuitions lead us towards the answers, which usually are synchronistically provided by the wisdom of another human being.

The Interpersonal Ethic

We can increase the frequency of guiding coincidences by uplifting every person that comes into our lives. Care must be taken not to lose our inner connection in romantic relationships. Uplifting others is especially effective in groups where each member can feel energy of all the others. With children it is extremely important for their early security and growth. By seeing the beauty in every face, we lift others into their wisest self, and increase the chances of hearing a synchronistic message.

The Emerging Culture

As we all evolve toward the best completion of our spiritual missions, the technological means of survival will be fully automated as humans focus instead on synchronistic growth. Such growth will move humans into higher energy states, ultimately transforming our bodies into spiritual form and uniting this dimension of existence with the after-life dimension, ending the cycle of birth and death.

4. Damn, that's pretty cool!!!

Having sead that, would you say that you beleive in destiny or fate or what?

5. before i read the book i didnt believe in "fate" or nething like that...i thought there would have to be some sort of god like figure controling all of it...but now i dont think that it is a "god" ... we just live in a universe that respondes to our expectations...so as for fate..we choose our own fate by our decisions, but the universal energy sets up the choices we are faced with

6. So the earth and the trees and everything that was here originally before technology is all just visuals??? Someone or something is probably responsible but we may never know.

I do believe in fate, but not applying it to everything.

7. Personaly i beleive that what we see hear n all that stuff is just the basics. Everything has a much deeper place in existance rather than just being there. Also the whole thing about humans being the highest (hehe)consious being around interms of us being blessed with the train of thaught called choice and that is pretty lame. Because of 'choice', we have depleted the forrests of this once amazingly beutiful planet, clogged the air sludged out the water, made extinct countless amounts of species and i am only scratching the surface here.
    So i guess what i am trying to get at here is if we are the highest and most refined beings out there....Damn!

8. The book has alot of truth in it. I read it approx. 3 years ago. I explored everything in it deeply and it is no joke. I am not going to attempt to elaborate because I have already tried to write 4 posts and they can't be long enough. I'll talk about it if anyone wants to, I just want make sure I'm "connecting" with someone first because I want to share. I don't want to just leave a huge post in a dead philosophy topic that I poured my heart into.

But I do want to discuss it if you're up for it.

9. man, no joke
    that books sounds so freeking hardcore, i really wanna delve into it straigt away, gonna order a copy from amazon straight away....
    i do think it was fate and destiny that got me to open this post...and check out what the celestine prophecy is...
    i would love to read some of your interpretations before i start reading the book as it may give me a clear focus to look for hwen looking into the book
    lemme knw
    easy

10. If you are looking for more insight into yourself, human nature, and society, then this book offers intriguing conclusions. It's not the Bible by any means, and isn't "the answer", but hopefully it would help you get started on your personal search. I read it after I was already motivated, so you have to have the motivation first. This is definitely a book to read if you are exploring. I don't want to be too biased about it because I've read other opinions that mock the book, but at the same time they didn't invalidate anything. It just seems to me there is alot of wisdom in the book and might plant some seeds that will blossom some day. You can see all of the devices that are behind things and it is so blatant, it is mind boggling how naive people are. That's it. This book will, if nothing else, help you become less naive. I'll post about this later tonight once I get in a better frame of mind. Just go to any book store and buy it. Its probably at the library too.

11. its truly amazing
    u talk about wisdom, and naivity...and not seeing and understanding what is around us

and then after reading your post...i look at the ostrech that u sign off with....

and its eye is larger than its brain....it has 2 eyes...that means it sees atleast double of what it can comprehend (fugiritivly that is), us as humans maybe are similar...that we see so much, understand so little....wow....just though id add that to this discussion

take it easy

dsa

12. Truth is the key. I can't expand anymore, this sucks. It changes all of the time and its hard to write this shit down. Sometimes you don't have all the answers and that is okay, you just have to strive towards truth and you will be okay.

13. striving towards truth leads to insanity, this is not a world of logic, and it's not ours to comprehend. im just along for the ride. how many conflicting philosophies are there to understand? if one were to understand each one to the fullest, wouldnt a loss of one's mind be inevitable?

14. It usually doesn't work that way because truth isn't as stringent as it appears. Part of truth is survival of your being, and if you are staring truth in the face and it becomes too much to bare, your mind can remain open but decide a conclusion can't be made until you have more evidence to draw upon(your life experiences). It probably happens thousands of times a day in our thoughts and observations, and it goes unnoticed.

I believe the farther away from truth you become or the more you deny truth, the greater the chance you couild really go crazy. Denial and Ignorance are two examples of being disconnected from truth. Restraint on the other hand, is a necessary and a natural mechanism for survival. Everyone is in a different situation. Restraint allows you to stay on your personal path at your own pace, because of your specific life experience and remain open. Denial closes doors and leads only to negative side effects, which are responsible for most problems in this world. And the door is just shut for the ignorant, waiting for it to open, and it usually does at some point, but requires more attention because the feelings that come with denial will force you to find why you are feeling that way, which is what led me to believe this way. Because anxiety and depression once ruled me. I found that the mistake I was making was to suppress the things that were the most painful and crucial to my being, and thought I would go crazy if I really did confront my anxiety in a truthful way. You just have to know that truth is not to be feared. It is only a beginning point to making the right decisions. Not competing to see who is right. But to help yourself make the right decisions and organize your thoughts in a more sincere way, according to you, but only made possible by not shutting doors and remaining open to truth. Not finding the ultimate answer or philosophy, but being true to yourself(understanding feelings etc.) as much as you can in order to form your own philosophy(evolving might I add) that you know in your heart and is specific to you. This will allow you to find your true mission in life, and once you do that by going through this process, you will clearly recognize that openness to truth was the key and denial of truth was the problem.

I just had to learn things at my pace, given who I am, but not shutting myself off to it and drowning myself in whatever devices that allow me to deny with the least pain possible. That is the easiest way cover up the problem. Not something to be afraid of and think it will harm you, because if you do, you will remain in a state of denial. If you feel that you don't understand something and you are being honest, then that is okay. You remain open to what you are thinking and know that the answer will come, and that is as honest as you can be at the moment. And if, and only if you are sincere and not playing stupid with yourself, the answer(s) will come in a way that you never thought of. You just can't close your mind to it. And once you are at peace with whatever conclusion you have made, more doors open. Restraint kicks in when your limits are being tested. But you can always come back to it, if you remain honest with yourself and confident that there is an answer for whatever . It's something I have learned, but hard to explain in words.

The denial of certain things led me to be anxious and feel like I was going to go crazy, so I would continue to withdraw or deny more. Not restrain and stay open, but close my doors and let things fester and only patch up the problem. Once I let those reins go, the anxiety ended and my life began. I apply that lesson towards life in general and it works. Everyone is afraid of truth or atleast being somewhat open and dishonest with themselves, so they cover it up and it explodes into major problems, including, I might add, insanity to a lesser or greater degree. Being as open to truth and patient with truth as possible is not easy, but it is the closest you can come to sanity and yourself. And to me, that is the essence of life.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is to find your own truth and be open to it, and you will learn and be firm in your conviction. On the way there, it is bumpy as hell. But don't let human emotion and effort be confused with insanity. Don't let restraint be confused with denial. And never close yourself to finding truth.

15. An awareness that there are underlying truths beneath every problem, is necessary to be at peace. Not knowing what the truth is, is not to be feared, because this is a mysterious world and many things are extremely difficult to understand and take time, but is not to be feared however long it may take, because you are worthy enough to understand truth, no matter how long it takes or however it appears. Recognition of truth stems from compromises and well nurtured ideas that lead to a foundation for your own beliefs. I have many many flaws, but I look forward to understanding them one day, even if I'm not ready and have suppressed some of them. Because of overcoming several obstacles with this philosophy, however, it has given me that much more motivation to stay more open in order to gain more consciousness and basically feel more alive. And I shit you not. I see this happening more and more with other people and with all of the information available, I feel our society is already transforming in order to meet the challenges of the times. And many people must see that the awareness each individual has with themself will go a long way towards improving the world because wars can't anymore. I think that will be fully realized someday because things have to reverse or we will destroy our environment or ourselves. I'm pretty optimistic about that, and I guess that is the overall message in my own words, through my own experiences. So take it for what it's worth.

16. Thanks for all of that Tweetfreak.

I am still insecure about alot that I have written for several reasons.

1. I don't want to come off as self righteous. Like I know the answers, because I clearly don't.
    2. This really just turned into me writing down as I searched for myself. I don't think that is necessarily bad, but it was not the purpose of this topic, but it seemed to gravitate to that because I was looking for some type of forum to discuss things and put down some of my conclusions in words.
    3. And I'm really worried whether it is okay to discuss these things period, because it usually makes everything awkward and maybe that is because everyone has their own life and has to think for themselves without cluttering their minds with other people's beliefs, in order to create their own.

Whichever, it has been said, and should be taken for what its worth. I'll be wiser about how I express stuff like this in the future and be more aware of how other people may interpret things. Please know that I suffer and have suffered. Whatever beliefs I have constructed through suffering in order to relieve it, I want to share to give others a shortcut. But in reality, we are all different and take a different road and take different amounts of time to get there. But for whatever pain you have, just know there is an answer in the pain that you will be able to find if you just decide to figure it out. And the more that you do that, you get hooked on it, and it is something that I will always seriously consider when I find myself in a rut. Nobody deserves to suffer. You allow it until you are able to understand it fully, and shouldn't feel guilty if you aren't able to understand it yet. I don't care if I have another thought. I won't come back here because it is like quick sand. I want to say what I truly feel, but I often find that I only felt it when I wrote it, so it isn't me. It is only a stream of thoughts that I don't want to define me and its hard to just turn your back to it when that is what appears to be happening. Its just thoughts at one time in my life. That's all. Take it for what it's worth.

17. pelorico..
    i think i might understand what you're saying. you find yourself talking about one thing, and as thoughts flow through you, you find that you cant even write fast enough to put all your thoughts into english. it's really an amazing feeling to see all the thhings that were flying around your head finally written down and looking logical. you think you have a thought to write, but it ends up being so much more when put into words, which must tell you the kind of things that we humans are capable of deducing. i found myself doing the same thing when i was talking to a teenager that was good in school but very insecure and had just turned to alcohal, drugs and cigarrettes. i started off explaining why she was betraying herself but i ended up talking forever, and when i was done it made perfect sense. i think it comes from our natural good will. because we had to go through so much pain to come to these conclusions, we just want to try to explain it all to people so they dont go through the same thing. i think that if we all shared these things we go through in our minds then we would be much healthier, and happier people. tell me if you agree, because that isnt the whole of what's on my mind but if it just sounds like gibberish i dont want to make a fool of myself

18. I had to reply because bringing up your story helps me see maybe why I am doing this in the first place.

I own a small lawn service. I had hired a 17 year old that had slowly proven himself to be the best helper I had ever used. I stuck with him because he displayed the most honest and hardworking ethic I had ever seen. I now feel personally responsible for him because I am the only person he is around that has knows anything about anything. His Mom and Dad were in prison for alot of his life for everything under the sun. His Mom remains on Heroin and so does her live in boyfriend. His Dad disowned him and basically kicked him out of the house. I chill out at his duplex and hang around with him sometimes if I have nothing else to do because we really get along. And there is no other conclusion, that he has no guidance and will never receive the right guidance, but the person(me) he spends most of his time with knows better but didn't want to get into this because work is work and his business is his own. But we started playing darts together and doing petty things now that it is winter and there isn't much work. I have slowly seen direct correlations between his parents and his actions he shows outside of work.(alcohol abuse, frivolous tatoos, no personal responsibility, HITTING HIS DOG, calling his 13 year old sister a bitch with no hesitation, beating the fuck out of his best friend etc. etc. etc. When I work, I work with a sense of duty and my service provides structure and honest work for him. Something he has clinged onto. I respect the good honest work ethic in him, but he continues to self destruct away from work and I know exactly why he does those things and could find a way to address it. I put myself in his shoes. I don't know where to start with him because on a consciousness level, we are at opposite ends of the spectrum and anything I say tends to go straight over his head and not absorbed. But I know he listens and wants better. I feel his pain and don't see clearly because I had suppressed alot of the things that had gotten me the good things in life. Now I revisit them because I need to find answers to help him out and relieve the overwhelming sense of anxiety I have when I think about all of the things he may doing that could any day ruin his life completely. I understand business is business and I treated it that way while I was focused on getting through the season. But now that we aren't working all of the time and I keep catching glimpses of his life and understanding why he suffers, aren't I responsible to some extent? I just don't know where to start because my understanding level almost doesn't go deep enough to deal with issues that are much deeper than I had ever had to confront for myself, but am now searching for him and because I had overcome degrees of parental abuse, I know it can be applied to a greater extent if I just keep following the path. I will not give up until what I say actually brings about a real change in the things that cause him to self destruct, it is just too much a part of his being to make a dent though. That's another part of this whole thing, and subconsciously it may be the main reason I am making this sincere effort again and not thinking I would ever need to again. I am trying to reinforce my own beliefs that I had lost sight of and extend them further in order to find a way to communicate on his level. I know that he still wants to beat the hell out of the guy living with his Mom. He would deal drugs if he wasn't able to make money with me. All he knows how to do is mow yards. The only skill he has ever known, and by using that and providing him with respect and an opportunity to make an honest living, he was able to buy alot. But he would blow $500 a week on bullshit. Over and over, not attempting to save up money for anything. But when he had $15 to make it to the end of the week, he had no problem and inflcted suffering on himself by not eating and not paying off more important things. If I don't give him some answers or guide him, he will end up in prison and doing harder drugs. His path is headed directly there. Unless, someone who knows better doesn't allow it to happen. I will find a way and I will continue to try to start on some level, but it is finding that breaking level with him that I don't understand because I had never gone through the depth of pain that he experiences. I came to the conclusion last night that I have to be at peace with the fact that I have tried to help and will only continue to help. I can't do more than that. I know he could, one day, understand himself as well as, or atleast much better, as I do and break through barriers and rejoice like I have, and turn his life around, but the starting point is what continues to allude me. Until then, I have no choice but to keep searching until it becomes clear what I need to say or do in order to get things across to him. Yesterday, I saw him hit his dog viciously and I told him bluntly to never do that again. And I won't tolerate it. But I know he will do it again, just not in my presence. I need a better understanding of how I should approach this. I think I'm close, but I'm not there. I need to be wise and very well thought out about this. I can't just make sense for myself because if it doesn't make sense to him, then the cycle will continue and it would devestate me to know that I could have done something and I wasn't responsible enough to help. It is really sad, and I just want to cry because I feel I won't be able to do enough before he gets locked up or something horrible happens. It is really unnerving and hard to just forget. I have to facilitate a change somehow and it needs to happen soon. I know that. It's codependancy and it is understandable. I just don't understand all of it yet. Or maybe I do, I just don't know how to clearly explain it in his terms. What do I do?

19. Lets just say I have a new outlook now. And a plan. And I have to start on it beginning now. You people are too good to read any of this. Please keep searching for the truth in the best way you can without giving up. You won't go crazy. I only say that because I feel that. And if I can produce results maybe I can lead by example in order to prove that we are not living in a hopeless world with hopeless people that are all going to go to hell. There is real pain on earth right now that needs to be healed in order for us/you/me/the world to survive. Don't fucking give up. We are all going to get there if we don't destroy the environment, get hit by a meteor, or get nuked in the process. It will take time. I feel it. We don't have any more wars to fight, this is the new mission. Ourselves. All of these thoughts have ended with this and I don't need to go back over all of that shit. You have to start only where YOU are at, but you have to start or atleast believe that you can start. That belief will make you see that what you thought were coincidences had truth in them that needed to be unlocked. We haven't gotten this far for no reason!!!!!!!!!! And we aren't where we are at and feel what we feel for no reason. There are underlying truths that must be explored and doors will open. Take my word for it, please.