the butterfly effect

Discussion in 'Movies' started by ChronBong, Aug 25, 2011.

1. have any of you guys seen it? its with ashton kutcher and amy smart. i watched it last night blazed and i was really into it. after it was over i couldnt stop thinking about it. this is like the first movie that has effected me. i thought the ending was really sad and everything that happened just upset me. i thought it was a great movie though, i didnt have a problem with it. its like i got too connected to the characters and just got disappointed because what happens and i wish i could change it. its weird.

but it is a fantastic movie that is pretty neat. it makes you think about time and the butterfly effect hence the title. any opinions on the movie and/or my thoughts?

2. Really good film, I watched it blazed aswell. Proper got into it and it was real good! Though you can never relax completely with a crossdresser sharpening a knife sat beside you the entire film... But the part with the dog made me want to slap the shit out of that kid, still have no idea why this film got such bad reviews.

3. inception is good also while baked

4. yea it's an old movie but still good! i think i was 7-10 years old when i first saw it! i hated the part when he burned his dog :(!

5. When I first saw this movie it was in my head for the whole day after I watched it. It didn't make me feel good at all, almost as bad as Reqium for a Dream.

6. Finally got around to watching that last night, new found respect for Jared Leto, still laugh at him getting beat up in fight club like.

7. it is weird that it got so many bad reviews. the storyline is awesome and the acting wasn't bad at all I thought. the dog part is really sad though :(

8. One of the best movies I've ever seen.

9. this is exactly what happened to me. I was thinking about it all day and it just seriously upsets me thinking about what each individual character suffered through when they got affected by the butterfly effect and then how he makes it so caylee and her brother were not in his life at all. it's really gotten to me for some reason. I've never heard of requim for a dream though.

10. I think it IS the best movie i've ever seen.

11. Seen butterfly effect 1, 2 and 3. 3rd one is better than 2nd.

12. I think they used some shocking subject matter in an exploitative manner to get people to watch this otherwise pointless movie. It's entertaining enough that I do own it though.

13. just watched it blazed. finished about twenty minutes ago. boss movie but a bit too deep for this late at night. its wierd all the shit that happens to all the different characters, and the way that at first it seemed like he'd sorted everything out but then he killed his tommy and it all went to shit. its sad that by the time he ended up in the institution he'd lost his journals, and the only way to change things for the better was to sacrifie the girl he loved. although after that he did have the journals again, and thinking about it if he hadn't burnt them he could have gone back to when his dog died, not given his mate the blade, and told tommy what he told him so he didn't kill the dog, gone back to the mailbox bomb and just shouted at the woman or knocked her out the way himself, and gone back one more time to stop himself and kayleigh being in her dads peado film. its sick though that two of the blackouts where things happened that he didn't understand were caused by his own time traveling. (were he's got the knife and where his dad tries to kill him.) anyways, sick film but i'm gonna need a seriously fat joint to clear my head before i go bed.