Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

the Bonnaroo experience (Slight read) (worth it)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by quitecasual, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Its a bit of a read and Im sorry but I loved this place
    I just returned from Bonnaroo. I will never tell anyone I took a trip to Bonnaroo. Because Bonnaroo was not a trip. It was an experience unlike anything I can imagine. Words do not do it justice either but I will do my best. I thought I would share my experience with this fine community.

I got home from college one month ago. I do not smoke when I am at home and only started smoking 6 months ago. One month T-Break is like starting at square one.

There were 8 of us. All 19 years old. We brought a flat bed truck and a mini van. We were worried our car would be searched and we would get in trouble so we only brought one gram on the way down and decided to buy more there. When we got there the people that searched the car said "There are to many of you and we don't want to hold you up go ahead. We could have filled the flat bed full of heroin and we would have gotten through.

It took us an hour and 45 minutes of waiting in line. Our other friends waited 7 hours. We got lucky. While setting up at about 3 AM there were screams/cheers erupting from our right side. Before we knew it we were screaming and everyone in front of us were screaming. It was deafening but it felt amazing. We were finally there.

We went in our tent and took out our gram. We had no piece and we didn't want to waste it all on a J in case we had trouble finding weed. We cut open an apple and smoked it. At 4 am we decided to walk around to see the grounds. We made it about 500 yards before we found a vender selling bongs. We bought a extremely decent one for 20 dollars. Went back and smoked again and after that we walked the grounds till about 6 am. People were still pouring in. The next morning we woke up hot as hell and sat under our canopy smoking and drinking and laughing. We ripped the bong in plain sight all weekend it was awesome. Now eight 19 year olds are not exactly intimidating to drug dealers. we had about 20 people walk up to us selling weed, molly, shrooms, acid, and speed. Imagine a world where you never had to go any where and the drug dealers came to you.

The next morning we got acquainted with our neighbors who were from Toronto. We shared the bong every morning and they were some cool people.

It was 3 days of Music and Peace. I saw some of the most amazing concerts I have ever been to. I didn't shower for 5 days. I felt free as we I ever have in my life. I tried doing Molly but it ended up being speed. It was scary but kind of awesome. We worked off of 3 hours of sleep for 3 days. I get chills writing this and I know this little story does not to the Experience Justice but I did my best. If you EVER have the chance to go to Bonnaroo, do not second guess. GO. You will never regret it. If this hasn't convinced you enough maybe this quote will.

"If Woodstock had been like this, we would have never left." Stephen Stills - Bonnaroo 2011

2. you try hard

3. Wow. I heard of this "Bonnaroo", but I didn't know it was a 3 day long festival. Was it a one-shot deal or will there be more?

4. It's annual

5. Its a goal of mine to go to bonnaroo, waka, and allgood before I finish college

and also the hangout festival but that's not on the same level

6. You didn't shower for 5 days? that's disgusting man

7. Indeed but it coast 7 dollars to get a shower and it was on the other side of the grounds. Not worth it, you sweat so much you would be drenched in sweat by the time you got back to your site

8. This year was the 10th year of the show.

Here is the official website
    Bonnaroo

9. dude i dont shower for 5 days and im fine. shit ill go more than that and not have a bit of BO. some people are gifted:)

10. ha you should try being on tour, in a band. a shower every 5 days would be fucking lucky

11. I need to say this, that was a dick move. The time it took you to post that could've been time to read the actual fucking post. People like you annoy me sometimes.
    That is all.

To the OP, it sounds amazing! What kind of music is there?

12. Never heard of Bonnaroo. Now I must go. Nice post op!

13. A few of my boys from the philly area went they said it was the time of their lives I'll be there next year

14. i liked the op's story but this picture is killin me. ahahahh

15. I saaw Eminem, Wiz Khalifa, My Morning Jacket, The Decemberists, Florence and the Machine, BassNectar, Neon Trees, Mumford and Sons, Robert Plant, Iron and Wine, J. Cole and many more.

I missed Lil Wayne, Matt and Kim, Girl Talk, Pretty Lights, Old Crow Medicine Show, Arcade Fire, Black Keys, Buffalo Springfield, Chiddy Bang, The League Live, and Cheech, the workaholics and the 420 Comedy Blaze

16. aww man that sounds too shweet. My friend and I were gonna go this year but decided to wait till next. Money is already saved.

reading your experience makes me wanna go 10x more.

17. my friends and i got that same molly that turned out to be speed! i ended up
    just selling my tablet before we new that though, so sorry if i sold it to you haha.

but otherwise, bonnaroo this year was dope. last year doesn't compare. the second
    i left i wanted to go back. my favorite shows were the black keys and girl talk, mostly
    because at girl talk i literally couldn't stop dancing and i crowd surfed at the black keys.
    but really, so mucho fun.

18. you missed workaholics?!

19. I was at the Dave Matthews Caravan in AC best 3 days of my life.