Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

the bong water dilemma

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by cothrantyson, Jun 27, 2012.

1. I have smoking for a year now, and have only used cold water. Even my friends just naturally turn up the cold and sometimes even put ice in it to make the bong as cold as possible. I have always thought that the colder the water is, the cooler the smoke. but now on grasscity, i am beginning to see people who say that hot water is the best way to go. what is your personal preference and why?

2. Any water you put in your bong will eventually return back to room temperature, so in my opinion it does not matter.

3. I don't always use a bong.

But when i do, i use cold water.

4. [quote name='"DerekCA"']Any water you put in your bong will eventually return back to room temperature, so in my opinion it does not matter.[/quote]

Lol? Yeah after like an hour..after you're done smoking. OP, I've tried both and I don't like using hot water, it kinda feels weird :eek:

5. Cold man. Othe colder the better IMO. Makes the hit smoother.

6. dont see why anyone wouldnt use the coldest water possible...

7. Cold water makes you not feel the hit as much, but hot water makes you feel it and it feels goooood :smoke:
    Hot water.

8. [quote name='"l James l"']I don't always use a bong.

But when i do, i use cold water.[/quote]

Ahaha thats jokess

9. Hot water gives your throat like... a massage is the only way I can describe it, but definitely if you want to rip use cold water.

10. Hot water works better for vapor and cold works better for smoke.

11. I dunno, I had a friend who preferred hot water, especially when either of us were sick. He had this thought in his head that if we shared a bong when we were sick, hot water would help to pass on less germs or something. Or maybe it was just that it felt better on a scratchy throat :confused_2:

12. In bongs its cold water for me. I get fatter rips with cold water and they are less harsh. I tried warm water a couple times, and hated it felt like I was inhaling steam more than smoke. It also didn'tfeel any smoother than room temperature water. Even with vapor I like the hits chilled.

13. Cold water on hot days. Hot water on cold days. But it really doesn't matter for me.

14. Warm water really does work pretty well, but like someone else said, it was really weird. I dont really care wat temp. the water is anymore lol, hot or cold it doesnt really make a huge difference

15. Sounds like your friend was toking a LITTLE too much, but hey it was his crazy ideas not yours. made me lol, and that's what is important.