THE BIGGEST THREAT TO MARIJUANA LEGALIZATION IS NOT..................................................................................................?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by rayrayrayne75, Oct 20, 2013.

1. #1 rayrayrayne75, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
    The biggest threat to marijuana legalization is NOT Project Sam or Drug Free America or any of the anti drug groups. Its not the DEA. Its not the feds. Its not the private prisons. Its not big pharma. 

Its the apathetic stoners who complain but refuse to do anything about it. Apathy is more dangerous than all the other threats combined. 

If you dont join NORML and MPP, the groups that are fighting for your rights, your part of the problem. If you dont become dues paying members to them so they could spend it on marijuana friendly candidates and marijuana ballot initiatives to help change the laws, your part of the problem. If theres a marijuana legalization initiative on the ballot in your state and you dont show up to vote for it, your part of the problem. If theres a pro marijuana bill introduced in Congress or your state legislature and you dont contact your representatives to vote for it, your part of the problem. If theres a marijuana friendly candidate who supports legalization running for office and you dont vote for them, your part of the problem. If theres an anti marijuana candidate running and you do vote for them, your part of the problem. If you dont treat marijuana as a threshold issue like all the other social movements, your part of the problem. If you dont pay attention to whats going on with the politics of marijuana, your part of the problem. If you have a false sense of security and think everything is gonna be ok no matter what, your part of the problem. If you dont boycott anyone or any company that donates money to the anti marijuana fanatics, your part of the problem. If you dont reach out to friends and family members and tell them Project Sam wants fines and forced treatment for marijuana, your part of the problem.  Thats the reality. 

Theres 30 million stoners in America. If all of them took a page from the NRA and became bloc voters, you could flip almost any election. I want to see an NRA equivalent for marijuana.

Do you agree with this? 

Corruption goes a lot deeper than ballots and signatures. Ideally, yes you are absolutely correct. But ask every one of those 30 million stoners and see if they're willing to die for this plant, because the issue is a lot more complex than some old white fucks just not wanting us to have a plant. It's not going to be as squeaky clean as doing things by the books.

3. I literally feel the exact same way and plan to do what I can as long as I make sure I keep myself educated but I feel like on a nother level things have changed to the point where it will take more time than just saying this is what the people want now a days lets get it changed. ESP with all the old fucks thinking they can have things there way and THINKING they are the smartest. Btw I'm 18 and this is MY GENERATION!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. What would you say to someone who tried to work with an organization like MPP and found them to be very curious in their ways regarding how they go about the legislative process? They're lobbyists, and not sure they are working for us, in fact.
    NORML has supported some very curious things of late, and I'm not sure I trust them all that much either at this point.
    Lastly, not every bill posited as being "positive" for MJ is in fact positive. Just because something is labeled one way does not mean it is in fact pro-pot. Corporate interests run too deep to accept much of the legislation out of D.C.  You could place a winning bet such legislation will put it right into corporate control and continue the abuses at present.

System= fully broken, in other words.

5. If they can do GMO's in food, what will stop them from doing GMO's in marijuana?

6. I could care less about corrupt laws, and govt. I do right by growing this wonderful medication and helping many by cultivating it.

7. Yes. Let's base all of out voting on if a candidate is pro mj. Who cares about the other real issues going on in this country. Smh.

8. This must be "text speak" or something, so forgive my elderly ignorance, but what is this "SMH" I keep seeing at the end of so many posts these days?
    "So much _______??"

"Smack my hiney?"

"Single Male Hispanic?"

9. Shaking my head. I can't get the icons to work on my phone.

10. no i dont agree at all. honestly, i think nobody could do anything and a few more generations will pass and the popular mindset will favor marijuana leading to legalization. in fact i dont see it being legalized before that anyhowl

11. A revolution against our corrupt ass government might help speed that along.

12. What's that got to do with the price bread?

13. Meh I don't care about legalization anyhow, the gov't will just take it from us and tax the shit out of it.

Sent from my NSA recording device.

14. Finallly someone with common sense

15.  Dude, really ? Did you not know that every little bit of weed you have ever smoked was quite likely genetically modified ??? ....I mean, unless it was just some brown ass dirt weed from Mexico, with a THC content of like 1-5% :( ALL of the awesome green we smoke, has been genetically altered big time ! And thank God ! {I mean, if their was one :) LOL}

And while we are at it, did you know that practically every fruit or veggie you have ever eaten, was also genetically modified ? EVEN a lot of the ones labeled "organic" {which is another complete pile of BS}

With genetic modifying, our fruits and veggies would be lame... small, less flavor, way more expensive to produce, etc..... and so would our weed !

I think you may be confusing "genetic modification" with "selective breeding".

Genetic modification (or "engineering") refers to the process of changing the DNA within an organism by adding, removing, or otherwise modifying the genes through direct manipulation.

Selective breeding refers to the process of breeding plants or animals to retain specific traits. This is what is being done with the many strains of cannabis available today.

17. Correct, you ARE the next generation. You are living under the toxic laws created by your forefathers. The only way to protect yourself from these archaic laws is to use the system to change them. Convince ALL your friends to vote, participate, email your representatives and your generation will correct the mistakes made by earlier generations.

18. Without a doubt the WILL genetically modify weed. The key is in the small home grower who will always have access to pure strains.

19. Remember those words the next time a cop pulls you over for a licence plate light being out and smells marijuana, searches your car and finds enough MJ to run you through the system you dont care about changing. BTW...good luck with that

20. I say hello officer. Here is my weed. Here is my card. Have a good day sir. What else more could you ask for. A corrupt govement running the weed market. I will pass.