The Big Bang, its happening now.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by KaptainKush21, Nov 19, 2011.

1. because the light takes 12 billion years to reach us, almost the beginning of the universe, we are seeing it as it was 12 billion years ago

2. It's crazy to think that all of this information we have about the universe is ancient.. like the universe has actually structurally evolved far past our current understanding, but we have to work with the information we get, which a lot of the times is 1,000's/1,000,000's of years old.. some of the stars we see at night probably went supernova a long time ago.

3. Yea..? thats what I said lol, Well anyone that knows how lights works would understand.

4. Shit man, thats crazy and never thought about it like that. Im not even stoned and that blew my mind :eek:

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQhd05ZVYWg]Curiosity with Stephen Hawking, Did God Create the Universe? - YouTube[/ame]

6. Want a mind blowing thought. If they did go faster than the speed of light(Currently up for debate in the science world). If we ever built a spaceship that went say x2 the speed of light. It travels 5 years and looks back at earth with a giant telescope, It would see earth 10 years ago, aka 5 years before they left.

7. i didnt mean to say that you didnt say what i said or anyhting like that:smoke:

i just wanted to be part of the conversation

8. i think this is actually happening now. if im not mistaken, due to the expansion of space, the outer most galaxies are moving away form eachother faster than light, so shouldnt we eventually see the big bang?

9. You have it backwards. If you left for 5 years and returned, it would be 10 years in the future, not past. There are theories about traveling backwards but there is not much evidence and it might not be possible. But you can track down the light of a moment and that would tell you the past. Meaning that we can find light that our milky way let out and see what the galaxy looked like when it emitted the light.

10. No time travel is still impossible according to out current theories. What I explained would let you look at the past no go to it or alter it merely observe.

11. Yea now I understand, I miss read your post. You can't travel back in time to alter shit, but like you said, you can see it. You can, theoretically travel "forwards in time".

Theoretically you can't travel faster then the speed of light because it would take an infinite amount of energy to propell matter that has mass faster than the speed of light. (for explanation see Faster-than-light - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

To travel forwards in "time" all you need is space. Gravity has been proven to slow down time. An experiment was done to prove this and this is what they concluded:

"This has been demonstrated by noting that atomic clocks at differing altitudes (and thus different gravitational potential) will eventually show different times. The effects detected in such experiments are extremely small, with differences being measured in nanoseconds" (read more at: Gravitational time dilation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

The 2nd clock was only a foot off the ground and the time change
    Was minimal, but compare clocks if one was on earth and one was lightyears away from stars or planets. That clock would speed up much much faster.

So if you travel far from earth and come back in 10 years time, the earth would be a thousand or so years advanced.

12. The theory of special relativity is under heavy debate and tests that prove faster than the speed of light are waiting to be verified(Or just waiting to be accepted by the general population I am not that much in the know hehe) But if they are true its proof we could one day observe out past.

13. It has to be possible because if extraterrestrials can do it, any intellictual species has the capabilities to do it. I think faster than light would be 4th dimension, that's what I have heard. Which means you wouldn't move in 3 dimensions, you have the ability to jump to places in the universe. Scientists figured this could be possible if there was negative energy, which in January of this year, they discovered in a storm cloud high in the atmosphere. This also raised questions to what the pyramids for, burial tombs or a machine capable of alchemy. Interesting subject to look into

14. I live and breath Egyptian culture :p. Those motherfuckers were on to something.

15. Haha yea. Many believe they were being helped by extraterrestrials. Gold is the rarest metal in the universe and it does not corrode and is the best conductor of electricity. Scientist claim that gold would be necessary to build a spaceship because there would need to be lots of wiring and the best is gold.

The pyramids may have been an alchemy machine that converted lead into gold with anti matter and anti energy that could be in thunderstorms. This would make sense why a Pharoah would want to be buried in the pyramid. They also found this material but I can't think the name but it's used to deflect heat. The question is why they would have that in a tomb.

Many people do not believe in extraterrestrials but I find it hard that people have been making up sightings of ufos for thousands of years. And extraterrestrials is the most logical explanation to why people worship "gods"

16. All this Egyptian talk is blowing my mind.

17. Yes man Sheldon and leanord are birds

18. Things do begin and end. Wheather we notice it or measure the time passing it happens. Humans and animals are born and then time passes and we die. We can't go back in time, only forward. There is no stopping it or slowing it, it just keeps going forward. Even stars are born and they die. That shows a passage of time, a beginning and an end. Nothing can last forever....

I didn't fully grasp that until I saw the show Wonders of the Universe(if you haven't seen it you need to) and read the book. Time is everything.

I was reading the Wonders of the Universe book and it talked about the oldest galaxy ever found. Its really intersesting. We see it as it was 600,000 years after the universe began.
    UDFy-38135539 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

19. [quote name='"monopolyman"']
    wait explain that...if time is only a perception what is life like without time?

that just fucking blew my mind.[/quote]

Think about it bro. We pretty much base time on the sunlight. "Today" and "tomorrow" are in relationship to when the sun goes up and comes down.