The bible as the inspired word of god

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by BlowTreeAllDay, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Yes because the non protesting so called protestant preachers are nothing more than wolves in sheep's clothing. They change the word of God and mislead the people as many of them are mislead. They put tradition over scripture thus they replace the truth with a lie.

I know that I found myself in this reality through no control of my own.

Because of this I do expect to show up in another reality through no control of my own.

:bongin:

2. interesting. inductive logic always smelled fishy to me, though i use it more than not. :smoke:

3. You're not going to sway their thinking any more with the information you present to them, man. There are refutations (weak and strong) for each camp. It's not a matter of proving who's wrong or right; it's about where you rest your faith. You can't force anyone to believe a certain way, it's completely futile. Belief will just happen for them or for you.

4. Agreed. Now that I think about it, if OP tries to convince his parents that the bible is false or God is not real it will only backfire on him and fuel the spark that will cause his parents to try even HARDER to convert him. hehe

5. #45 meddlehaze, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah. Instead of stooping down to the stereotypical religious person's level by trying to convert them to non-religiosity, just love. I find it's a lot more profitable

6. You can only really help people to open to another way of seeing things by showing them something else not trying to convince them they're wrong.

7. #47 jas43, Aug 30, 2011
    qft lol

8. read nietzsche. he's the antichrist. :smoke:

9. I agree, but does that mean I can't mess with the mormons who knock on my door anymore?

10. #50 meddlehaze, Sep 1, 2011
    Lol I used to mess with the Mormons next door all the time, but found that this only fed my destructive ego. If you find it profitable then go for it! Who am I to tell you what to do?

11. I always debate Mormons when they come to my door. But I make it an effort to be really nice to them and try not to hurt their feelings in any way. I consider them fragile in a way.

12. Damn you guys I haven't seen any responses yet, I thought this thread died with no replies haha. I'll check em out and get back to ya

13. No thank you, I was raised Christian and tried to make it work for 17 years. Then I realized it all seems like bullshit to me

14. Thanks for all the replies, I've come to the conclusion that I shouldn't even bother arguing with them. I just hate that they feel like they're trying to save me or something...they can't just let me believe what I want, you know?

15. You are delusional. We express what we have been inspired (divinely or otherwise) to believe is the ultimate truth, and then you obviously either agree or then give your opinion on the matter. At what point were you forced to believe anything other than what you want to believe? Get a grip. Nobody can save you that's between you and God.

16. #56 Verdurous, Sep 1, 2011
    Then who's this Jesus fellow saving everyone? :p

17. Couldn't God save you?

18. King James the First...
    Emperor Constantine...

nuff said.

19. He's showing the world God's nature... He's God.

Again, that's between each individual and God. Are you suggesting that some people on earth hold the same power as God? I am sorry but I consider that blasphemous.

20. #60 Verdurous, Sep 1, 2011
    I'm pretty sure Jesus is actually the Son of God, hence the New Testament. lol