The bible as the inspired word of god

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by BlowTreeAllDay, Aug 12, 2011.

1. you seem to keep missing the fact that ...the bible......and religion ...have very little to do with one another.....
    except religion claims to follow it...
    "religion" instead tends to pick small parts of that book and exploit them....

most "religions" that claim to follow that book...ignore all the good shit...and focus on what they want you to think....to keep you doing as you are told.....(the opposite of what the guy they claim to follow said to do....in that book:eek:)

2. Thank you...I know that human govts are screwed up. I prefer to do the best I can with my community, instead of being constatntly worried about the end of the world. Thatll happen in its own time, whether I worry about it or not....I prefer not.

3. I know and I agree with you. That's not the books fault.

It's a good book. ;)

4. people change things

sacred geometry

mis representation
    mis inturpritation

and...

people fuck with shit.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7GJ-8SY068]Spirit Science 6 - Flower of Life - YouTube[/ame]

5. I prefer to think of it as 'global enslavement'.

Says a lot about that too. :smoke:

6. Indeed they do.

It's very troubling.

[​IMG]

7. Did you mention the government?

Romans 13:1-2

1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

Wait... Wait... WHAT!? :laughing:

The bible might have a lot of good messages (as well as bad) to display, but it's clearly of the human mind.

8. but u could look for the positive instead of the negitive...

meditate..

find your own understanding..

if christianinty brings you closer then so be it.. but if it take us away from the true point of it..

then dont worry about it..

some people just feel so conected and subscribe to old beliefs that everyone needs to beleive and

like whatever they are just trying to help.

have compassion...:cool:

9. That is the federal governments favorite verse but it don't mean what they claim it means.

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Notice that much of Christianity gets all its doctrine from Paul and none from the rest of the Bible. Even when Paul and Christ disagree they choose Paul over Christ.

Rom 13:6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

The government is not ministering the God of creation by any stretch of the imagination.

Paul says:

For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Rom 13:9

Where are the first four commandments? :confused_2:

The first four commandments are against God and the remaining six are against man.

Yeshua says:

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. Mat 22:37-40\t

I'll take Yeshua's word over Paul's any day.

:bongin:

10. dude the bible IS the inspired word of god. ur parents just want u to be saved. i suggest listening to their advice, salvation through christ is the greatest gift u can ever recieve

11. You have obviously never done coke off a strippers tit while getting a blowjob from another stripper at the same time.

12. #33 TheAtmansPath, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    >_>
    you really presented a strong case for why he should

13. That may be so, and I'm not saying it isn't, but whatever you decide that concept means is what you decide it means. The same goes for anyone else who says they're doing the same. Deciding that you like an idea you've attached yourself to, while not necessarily being a bad thing, doesn't mean that what you're doing is anything other than the result of your own imaginative thinking. If it gives you and others comfort to think like this, good luck to you, and may you get much from it. But you should be able to understand that in speaking the way you do, and you're by no means the first to use those words in that way, only helps to reinforce the possibility that you're living under a delusion.

You see, it's not possible for everyone to understand the same thing - we're far to individual for that. Yet, according to the Christian faith, unless you choose Christ (and I mean the faith, the religion, not the consciousness), you cannot be saved, find god, reach enlightenment, etc. This is simply not true.

So, believe in what you want of course, but unless you can accept that the road to god has many paths, you must be living under a delusion about what it is you're actually doing.

Apologies if this offends anyone - it's not my intention to do so.

14. I hold it as, at most, the God inspired word of a few men. Man is imperfect and so is the Holy Bible. :confused_2:

15. just do what im doing. you know your parents, like ALL religious people, wont renounce their faith, because in their minds, they are true followers of god, and cant be swayed by trickery.

Its actually impossible to convert people like this, religion is worse than ANY drug, even meth

just smile and nod, and hope future generations will be more enlightened like you

16. yes true....

but u can find the true word if u look...

and sometimes who needs a book when u have good contact with GOD in prayer and meditation....

refer to my earlier posts in this thread...

anti god people can be silly

so can born again christians trying to convert everyone...

everyones silly:cool:

17. #38 Verdurous, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I've looked and I like some of it, but there's too much nonsense to hold it up as what people claim it to be. I believe in God, but not so much in the Bible.

18. I was pretty religious... once, but I suppose I'm not the people you're talking about. I'm just saying that it is possible, I abandoned my religion after deciding that I didn't care if I went to heaven, I just didn't want to go to hell and realized that the sermons were 90% psychological hoobajoob. That and the people can just be obnoxious sometimes.

19. #40 AlienBlood, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2011
    II Timothy 3:1-5,7 "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Just tell em, "yo parents, you don't got like, proof and shit, the fuck off me..... YOU DONT OWN MY LIFE"....

But seriously you know your parents and how they react to different attitudes so just say whatever will be easiest on you and them...