the best thing i ever learned from a catholic...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Digit, Nov 12, 2006.

1. There was this man, who had "found god", but then one day, there was a flood, and he found himself on the top of his roof with the water rising. a man in a cannoe floats by and sees him. "Hey you up there, the water's rising, I'll take you to higher dry land." The man replies, "No thankyou, i'm ok, god will save me." So he sits there for another hour or so, when a boat rows along with a few people on it, "hey, we have space for one more, jump aboard!" The man again replies, "No thankyou, I'm ok, God will save me." The boat rows off and he sits there still for another couple hours until the water stars washing about his ankles. A speed boat then comes along. "Hop aboard!" "No thankyou, God will save me." Then after another half an hour he has to swim over to a tree, when he reaches it a helicopter hovers over him, they dangle down a rope with a rescue guy who tried to lift him up. "No, thanks, please, it's ok, God will save me" Reluctantly, the rescue helicopter leaves. An hour later, as it gets dark, the man has left the submerged tree, and has tired out from tredding water... he drowns.

later, in the afterlife, he meets god. and he confronts god. "Why didn't you save me!?"
    "Well we sent three boats and a helicopter!"

2. Even though I know this "joke", I had to read it through because it's so fucking true!

"Found God". pffffff...
    Like he was hiding somewhere!

-mu

3. that is actually very deep. god is in all of us.

4. Nice:p
    i like that actually. makes people think in different ways about god.

5. Hide and Seek is the all time favorite game to play.

6. ow, my face hurts from laughing so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

yup, like taking it outta the theocratic seperationist concept that "god" is a man sitting on a cloud, or an entity outside our universe. that kinda idea will see us perish pretty rapid no?

7. the best thing i ever learned from a catholic is don't trust catholics. seriously. odds are they'll change their mind in the near future about anything they say to you.

8. thats second best for me, cos i heard this joke. heh.