The best band of the 90s ?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Appocolyptik, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Oh shit I was off, but yeah all their nice shit came out in the 90s imo. :D

2. #83 Vokal, May 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2009
    Sublime was pretty fucking great.

Please don't try and claim that Oasis is the best band of the 90's...that is just absurd. I've never been a big fan but they were good, just definitely not the best of the 90's. Also arn't you just about the only person in the whole thread who is saying that?

As for my opinion, I honestly can't even choose.

3. this.

4. #85 Vokal, May 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2009
    Tool greatest band to ever step foot on Earth? C'mon now that's just silly. They don't even get top 5 consideration, nothing against them but there are just too many others.

5. too hard to pick just one. there were so many greats pearl jam, nirvana, the offspring, the smashing pumpkins, blind melon, but i would have to say my favorite would be ALICE in chains.

6. Hell yeah The Offspring. I was going to mention them but didn't because I know they're not the best of the 90's. Great band either way though and still going strong.

7. Yo man. I just gotta say that Nirvana always gave credit where it was due. I'm not a huge fan of theirs but I can see that they were extremely talented. Cobain even said that "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was him trying to ripoff a Pixies song. They weren't revolutionary. They were just damn good and seemed revolutionary to the public with no knowledge of underground music.

He got The Vaselines a lot of exposure and helped them get their stuff reissued. They had the Meat Puppets play with them live...

Best band of the 90's?
    For me it's probably
    Pavement,
    Radiohead, or
    Neutral Milk Hotel

possibly
    The Flaming Lips
    (Blur was a nice pick)

But no one even mentioned...
    My Bloody Valentine
    Guided By Voices
    Yo La Tengo
    Portishead
    Mogwai
    Slint
    Beck (he often collaborated with other artists - Dust Brothers?) so I'll count him

And Sublime? Seriously guys?

8. Oh yeah, forgot Faith No More as well.

9. Oh no dude, it's definitely NOT silly......their music is not just music, it's an experience into another world of music, beyond the normal capacity of "Slave music trends". Their stuff is beyond epic.

10. Nirvana
    and
    System of a Down.
    Both basically were the founders of their genres

11. Thank you! I was waiting for someone to mention them! They are probably one of the best live performing bands out there IMO. And to those Sublime naysayers, please listen to any of Brad Nowell's acoustic stuff, and tell me he isn't an amazing song writer and vocalist.

12. ya dude tool is a great band...one of the best out there that still makes music...their instrumentals are without a doubt the best in the industry right now...i havent been paying much attention to them...they plannin on havin another album any time soon??

13. Spin Doctors yo

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjtRJkS85w]YouTube - Spin Doctors - Two Princes[/ame]

14. Blind Melon, without a doubt.

15. Hell yeah

16. Nine Inch Nails or Alice in Chains.

17. The pixies, amazing. Or fugazi, both bands just all about the music.

18. Yeah, currently they're on a mini-tour, because they needed a break from RECORDING IN THE STUDIO!...That's right....new album ALREADY on the wayyyy......=D!

19. System of a Down and Tool