The best band of the 90s ?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Appocolyptik, Aug 6, 2008.

1. By my name your goung to tell who im gonna say but Sublime is one of the best bands ever i mean they can do almost all fucking genres Reggae, Punk Rock, Rap, Shit even Ska and thats fucking hard.

But 2nd Alice In Chains because Laynes voice combined with Jerry Cantrells guitar ablities go together like PB and J.

3rd TENACIOUS D i cant believe no one said that. Tenacious D formed in the ninties (Proof:a little movie called Bio-Dome) but are just becoming popular.

4th The Flaming Lips i mean christ any band that can make a song about a girl making toast and using Vasoline is the shit.

5th Outkast I don't care what you say Outkast is a band they are superb they are possibly the best rappers ever Big Boi bring the fire and Andre 3000's voice and rap alone sounds like music its self.

2. radiohead
    smashing pumpkins
    nirvana
    and oasis is a damn good pick
    no blur fans?
    not even an honorable mention for sonic youth?

but on a different note..
    rage, soad, old korn and tool kick ass..but i'd def. pick someone of that first set of bands
    deftones gets an honorable mention from me too :)

3. TOOL is definetly one of if not the best band of the '90s. While staying out of the public eye by staying off the radio (by making 9 min+ songs) they still have set records for albums sold. The band makeup is one of the greatest put together truthfully.
    1. Maynard James Keenan- made a seemingly cult fanbase, also lead singer of acclaimed A Perfect Circle and Puscifer
    2. Danny Carey- was ranked third greatest all time drummer and you cant really find anyone who has anything bad to say about him
    3. Adam Jones- also ranked one of the best metal guitarists ever and does the bands videos- Ever seen Jurrasic Park? Thats him baby.
    4. Justin Chancellor- Just listen to Jambi! :)

Im not tryin to seem like im on their nuts but i cant believe they really werent even mentioned

4. Pearl Jam, U2.

5. Sublime.

/thread.

Actually i love so many bands from the 90's blues traveler, spin doctors, rage, RHCP, flaming lips and of course phish, and so many others. even though phish was formed in the 80s they were biggest in the 90s lol.

6. Haha, trying to /thread with someone like Sublime? The most over rated band of all time? Have fun with that. Sublime was good California surfer rock or whatever you want to call it but nothing more.

We've already established that Oasis was the greatest band of the 90's.

7. quick, everyone abandon thread before it turns into a bloodbath

8. i may get flamed for this but the offspring pretty much defines my 90s rock experience

9. sublime
    nirvana
    rage

10. haha. you've never heard of mr. bungle?

11. My god! Sublime's last album was really good, if over rated but their first two were decent at best! Come on people! Listen to Definitely Maybe or What's The Story and day and you will see what an amazing band Oasis is. Not to mention the album The Masterplan which shows you that Oasis' B-sides are even better than their singles!

12. Pretty Hate Machine was released by NiN in 89

13. Radiohead
    Incubus
    Rage

14. i would have to say blur. not too popular in the us and ive only seen one person mention it here.

15. Primus sucks!!!

16. #76 db`, May 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2009
    Nine Inch Nails, Incubus, At The Drive-In, Blur, CAKE... so many more.

17. #77 Bfitz99, May 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2009
    ill name a couple...RATM, soundgarden, RHCP, Sublime, and Pearl jam

and i will also say that nirvana is one of the most overrated bands ever...they pretty much blow...they may have started a new type of rock...but that makes them smart...not musically good

18. Mudhoney
    Alice In Chains
    Soundgarden
    The Jesus Lizard
    Early Smashing Pumpkins
    Primus
    Kyuss
    Rage Against the Machine

And many other bands that were around in the 80s and 90s that I forgot to mention.

19. Tool....literally the greatest band to set foot on earth, better yet in the 90s. There's no doubt there, if you don't know them, you should be SOOO ashamed of yourself, and then go listen to AEnema and Lateralus albums...now!

Rage Against the Machine-The name of the band speaks for itself. The greatest thought provoking, political band in history.

RHCP-I think they MAY have started in '88, but they really flaired up in the 90s, beautiful music beyond belief.

Sublime-well this one is kinda obvious....they rule.

Radiohead-Fake Plastic Trees is like one of the greatest, most soothing songs ever made.....and that's just the start.

Alice in Chains-pure awesome.

Pearl Jam-ahhhh, the song Jeremy I think describes who they are.

Also I gotta put in Biggie, clearly he's not a band, but his shit is fucking straight up 90s shit.

:smoking::smoking:

20. RHCP started in like 84 or 85 actually...but they are considered a 90's band imo forever