The Beatles...

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by UniXelation, Mar 4, 2006.

1. I dont think they are that good. Sure, they were influential, but it's what they influenced I find more enjoyable.

But their music, I cant really stand it.

Am I the only one that cant stand the god damn Beatles?

2. the beatles are fuckin amazing. Only their later shit tho. The rea early stuff was really crappy and pop sounding. But the later stuff was trippy as hell.

3. Listen to "Abbey Road" stoned, alone, and in the dark. The album takes you on an amazing trip. The layers of melodies, the warbly keyboards, and the second half of the album is like one continuous song. I'm not too much into their early stuff, but "Rubber Soul" and after are amazing.

The Beatles songs, like many other bands, need to be listened in context to the album (especially on the later albums where songs will blend into each other).

cool. :smoke:

4. that's because they were a POP band for that era, lol. that's what built them the enormous fanbase in the 60's that they had, because of their pop love songs. it was later on until they started experimenting with stranger types of music.

5. "Magical Mystery Tour" is a splendidly trippy album, and I love Abbey Road, the White Album, and EVERYONE must hear Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts club band. It's a shame that so many people think that the Beatles are "Twist and shout".

6. HAHAHAHAHAHAHOIFSHAHADHAHAHAH, i don't nkow if it's how high i am but io swear to fuck that's the best username in the world holy fucking damn LOL

7. haha

im listening to revolver right now actually. its pretty good. kind of teeny bopper but still good. they were way influentual, im glad they did lsd and went to india to meditate. that must have influenced so many people to try that stuff.

sgt peppers is one of my favoite albums. it was actually #1 on rolling stone top 500 albums of all time. great album,

8. revolver is one of the most amazing albums ever.

9. ^it's one of those cds you can play through and not have to skip tracks or anything, very good album one of my favorites.

10. Yeah, most stoners don't really dig their earlier 60s pop stuff, but they released like twenty albums or something.

They really did evolve a lot as a band, and they made some crazy shit when they started taking LSD :)

I like Abbey Road, Revolver, Magic Mystery Tour and Seargent Pepper's a lot.

And the Yellow Submarine movie is AWESOME

11. i like them post-LSD. :hippie:

12. By Andy

Exactly what I think.

13. As long as you get past the early tapes/the decca tapes, they're amazing. This thread is hijacked as a pro beatles thread man, and I'm on the bandwagon, the beatles were played for me while I was in the womb, and the music has never stopped.

14. yes.

15. i listened to sgt. pepper's about a year ago, and i really didnt like it, but i got it out like a week ago, and i just cant stop listening to it. I love the weird trippy tracks like the one with the sitar and tablas, and of course lucy in the sky. great cd, what should i get next? I was thinking either the white album or abbey road.

16. Regardless of influences, the Beatles on their own created a whole new game. They are the shit!! and more people nowadays are clicking to that.

Hey jude is my karaoke song.. oi, dont knock it untill you've tried it..lol.