The Awesome effect of 24hrs light during veg

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by backfromthedead, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Check this out had my plant on 24hrs light for the last month, the thing is extremely short and bushy the side shoots are growing rapid at only three nodes. I have it in an aeroponic system, my only concern is that the roots are not growing into the nutes solution, I think this may be due to the tempurature.

As soon as I find my camera you people will love to see this, especially all those who grow in soil, Hydro is the only way man, and no bugs from soil.

2. OK Well lets see it then, And then we can compare to my soil grown plants and lets see how much advantages Hydro really has over soil. I will be waiting.

3. Ahhhh a challenger.

My friend, you might be doing well but you might also be using a "soiless mix"

Do you have your plants on 24hrs of light?

4. Nope, no soil less mix I mix my own soil. And of course I run 24/7 its the only way.

5. I was really starting to believe 18/6 had benefits over 24 but now I am not so sure and granted it is a plant that likes more light than most anything that grows so giving it constant light just means faster growth which means you can get to flowering alot faster. ;)

6. The enhanced growth is just one advantage of a 24/7 light schedule for Vegetation.

18/6 has two uses to save power and reduce heat issues. This schedule does not promote optimal growth.

7. I would also like to compare. I have a plant thats been growing for just over a month. I use soil from a local nursery and it is doing way better then my friends hydro and mine was cloned from his.

8. ok let me start this off by telling u i have NO PROBLEM with hydro buds. i think hydro is amazing and a great use of science and technology.

with that said, there is a certain allure and appeal to me towards organic herbs. im taking outdoor, well cared for plants grown with organic ferts. the issue has to do with creating bond with nature and the life cycle / sacrament of the plant. one thing a plant like this will give u is a real sense of seasons and weather and earth.

with that said hydro/aero grows are the ultimate solution for indoor growing, precise feeding, and creating super plants. ive heard of yields over 4 lbs (dry) from a single plant givin plenty of room and time in a well designed hydro grow room