The asshole has entered the building... lol

Discussion in 'General' started by budburner, Dec 28, 2002.

1. Hi all, lookin' good here!

I've had an eventful year coping with my grandfather's cancer. He was diagnosed in August of 2001 with colon cancer that had spread to his liver, and just passed away December 11. The cancer had then spread to his lungs.

The man who brought my family name up from Mississippi. What a huge loss for my family.

Anyway... I haven't forgotten about y'all. Good to see things are goin' well.

Man have I got a lot of catching up to do. (Isn't that always the case when I come back from extended absence?)

2. I intend to! lol

Thanks for the kind words, friend.

3. Sorry about your loss. But good to see you in good spirit. Forums are good way to get de-stressed.

It stresses some, but...

4. I love it here. In fact, that's what part of the trouble is!

I sit my fat American ass in front if this computer and don't want to get off... especially when I'm here at the city.

I've had so much more important things to deal with for a while now.

Plus I demonstrate great personal control by comming back and not spending all fucking day here!

;)

5. It's great to see you, Budburner. I'm very sorry about your grandfather. The loss had to have been tremendous.

Anyway, I'm glad you're back. It'll be like you never left! ;)

6. My condolences budburner, but on a lighter note it's good to have you back.

7. Thanks for the kind words, folks.

And yes it was a shocking loss for our family. It's not like we were surprised since we knew he had cancer, but when the reality sets in about the finality of it all it's pretty tough.

My brother and I used to have so much fun with him. I remember once he asked my brother to get him a cup of coffee (we were in mid elementary school).

He went and grabbed a cup but left it empty. He walked really slowly over to grandmp, appearing to be very careful not to spill it.

When he got over to grandpa he acted like he slpped and dumped the cup of nothing on grandpa.

He just about shit his pants too. How fucking hilarious!

We used to go up to him and scare the hell out of him all the time. (Good thing he didn't die of a heart attack or I WOULD have felt guilty)

He is very much missed, but I understand that he had to go. He was not doing well at all towards the end.

And I understand and appreciate your empathy deeply, Critter. I remember discussing a family member of yours that was not doing very well last I heard.

I hope everything is working out for you and your family.