The Animatrix

Discussion in 'General' started by stoned_soldier, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Hello people, I just bought this after running into some bud (very little.. d'oh) for an okay price (under $20) and I have to say it is well worth the money.. If you don't know what the Animatrix is, it's 9 short films made by Japanese animators that loosely revolve around the Matrix (the idea of the matrix, not the movie).. well it IS about the movie, but not about the movie if you know what I mean.. Neo and Trinity are in the movies but just as cameos really, so you don't have to put up with Keanu Reeves' crappy "acting", just his voice for 2 seconds..

I just have to say it is probably one of the coolest dvds i've bought so far, and has many trippy moments.. i recommend it to all stoners.. My favourite is the piece called "The Second Renaissance".. it comes in two parts but i regard it as one.. it's pretty interesting, like a prequel to The Matrix.. the whole collection I'd say is better than the movie The Matrix itself, although if you've never seen it before you'll have a tough time trying to figure out what it is..

Anyone else seen these? I actually saw them on TV in small chunks before i bought it.. i thought it was Spawn at one point but no.. It's trippy, cool, interesting, just a trip to watch, like moving art..

also which is your favourite piece?

2. Anime is always fun to watch when you are stoned :)

I saw the animatrix a while ago, but I don't remember which one I liked the most because I was pretty stoned when I saw it. But I still remember it was cool.