The Alkaline Trio

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by square, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Hey GC, does anyone on these forums like Alkaline Trio? They have to be one of my favorite bands and Matt Skiba is a genius when it comes to writing lyrics.

2. i'm not a huge fan, but they are one of the best bands i have ever seen live for sure, and Matt Skiba is a pretty cool guy as well.

3. used to be my favorite band a couple years ago

(i can't really listen to punk rock anymore. but if i did it would be alkaline trio, NOFX, Guittermouth, Lagwagon)

we used to play alot of their songs in my band.

once crimson came out though, they sold out.

that album sucks anyways, i saw them once after it at the warped tour - i swear it's a completely different band. (they changed alot with good mourning but for the better, plus derek is a great drummer - especially for such a simple set he plays on)

4. Their old albums are just fucking brilliant. They really went all down hill when good mourning came out, Matt Skiba is a fantastic solo artist.

5. Classic band, liked them for a few years now.

6. They actually have a new album coming out in early 2007. Im hoping it wont be a dissapointment like Crimson.

7. sorry bro but they all rock

8. Awesome band!

I'm gonna see them live @ Bamboozle Left in Irvine, CA

"And there's no ring, there's no ring on the phone anymore...there's no reason to call I passed out on the floor. Smoked myself stupid and drank my insides raisin dryyyy"

F*ck yeah!