The "Adverse Effects" of Cannabis Use

Discussion in 'General' started by paintera, Mar 24, 2007.

1. So I'm guessing the folks at Lancet got all upset that everyone quotes their 1995 study "Deglamorizing Cannabis" when they are arguing for legalization, and decided to publish this little gem:

http://www.cannabisclub.ca/articles/1998_hall_lancet_1.pdf

I don't know about you guys, but their evidence about these "adverse" effects is really not enough to scare me. I mean, you can only use the word "uncertain" so many times when trying to present evidence in a discussion before everyone stops buying into your bullshit.

If anything, I think this report about the potential harm of cannabis use is just another piece of evidence FOR legalization.

2. the only adverse effect weed has on me is it makes me have panic attacks sometimes. which fucking SUCKS.

3. Yeah, I get that if I smoke a whole bunch of dro sometimes. I'll freak out for a few minutes until I tell myself, "You're just high. You smoked weed to have fun. You are having fun right now." It's all in your head.

4. The worst adverse affect weed has had on me is it has made my cheeks a permanent red. At random times they start to burn and get tingly and when they burn and tingle my cheeks go a really bright red.

This doesn't just happen when im toasted it stays with me everyday all day. My cheeks have been like this ever since I started toking daily and that was last summer.

If this has happened to any of you can you tell me how to get rid of it its ruining my life. Ive also tried laying off the weed for a while but it didnt do a thing about my cheek redness.

5. the only adverse effects of weed that i get are moneyless pockets. but it's ok, because that leaves more room for weed.