The Adventures of Propofol

Discussion in 'General' started by aStar, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Hey guys hows it goin?

So today at 8 in the morning I awoke myself to get ready to go get my wisdom teeth pulled, oh the great excitement of that! I have had teeth pulled before to I wasn't too worried, but it is just a hassle to have to deal with the side effects of surgery.

I arrive at the OMS office and get all geared up and ready to go through with it all. My step mom checks me in (she has to be there to drive me home) and we sit out in the lobby for about five minutes before a nurse peeps her head around the corner and calls my name out mid-power-tool-interruption because the offices were being expanded/remodeled. I act like I do not hear it and continue to stare off into neverland. About two seconds later she says my name with no noise pollution so I can clearly hear it now...

"Come on back with me!! (HUGE SMILE). How are you doing today?" she asks me.
    "Umm... I am alright..."

So we walk back to the room and sit there for about three minutes and she also puts on Incubus for me on the computer, which was pretty relaxing.

My doctor who is going to be performing the surgery then walks in and asks how I am doing and I tell him not too bad, but I am quite angry to be losing out on this sleep!

"Oh don't worry, you will be sleeping all day, this PROPOFOL (yes the same thing Michael Jackson died off of) will put you out for the day."

I got a sudden rush through my body, which is apparent because the heart monitor is now rapidly beating.

"Can you tell I am all ready for this?" I ask in wit.

This is just as he is putting the IV into my arm. I then look over at him and see him injecting the medicine into my IV and ask, "Is this the medicine?"

"Its some of it"

"Okay, I will just lay my head back then."

BOOM.

--Time to wake up--

"Opps! You just shouted the F word!" - Nurse

"Really???" - Me

So yeah, I have no idea what made me shout out fuck, but I did! Lets just say that propofol is soooo damn powerful, wow I was like a kid in a candyshop with that stuff lol.

My step mom said I was the funniest thing she had ever seen on the drive back and kept mentioning how much "fun" I was having.

I am not in much pain at all, and I am very glad that I was able to be knocked out for the procedure and not have to worry about hearing all that noise.

All in all, it wasn't too bad -- I am saying this afore any possible complications can occur, but I am not going to risk getting drysockets so I shouldn't, at least hope, I do not have to worry about that garbage.

Tis all. Thanks for reading.

2. I am getting mine out in either October or December.

Does it hurt? You can't toke, can you?

I hate surgery, but I've had it twice before, so third time's a charm.

3. Well I haven't had much pain yet... Though if you do NOT like cotton mouth then then time will cease to exist until the pain meds wear off. I nearly choked on the water I was drinking LOL.

But you're not forced to not smoke -- I am just choosing not to because I am not that reliant on weed and would rather heal up fast then risk getting the dreaded dry sockets.

So in other words there is not too much to worry about.