The 80s Era Mentality Still Rules Over Mmj

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Cuzin Red, May 17, 2013.

1. Voters speak by majority, but by an invisible majority on the streets. While the mainstream business image who are so concerned about image and consumer confidence scarcely want anything to do with what the majority say is now law. Not in our backyard, is the reality downtown. Dispensaries and others associated with the scene are relegated off into dark corners of the business community. And the group as a whole is still deemed as irresponsible riff-raffle who only want to get high and be lethargic, stupid and the like. The stigma won't change until those images of dirty hippies and grunged out Gen X-ers changes for the vast majority. The damage done by the Reagan drug war will be tough to overcome.

2. They can't stop me though.

3. my parents cried when they found out i used cannabis, but now they dont really care cuz they see it doesnt alter who i am in anyway, so all they say if it smells like weed theyll be like"your room smells like pure shit" in spanish lol
    "Ese cuarto huele a pura mierda"

4. I understand how u feel and why, after all those years of stupid drug war oppression, I lived through the Just Say No years and was affected negatively by the spun lies. I feel beligerent and defiantly fuelled for righteousness off in their face too. But understand this very attitude further impairs acceptability by folks who'be long insisted on Zero Tolerance with cannabis. It's the mentality popularly associated with the high culture they despise. And your common fire seems to paint the idea those against it are correct to those they seek to so influence. The other side relies on sustaining this negative image of all pot smokers acres the board. So let's not hand 'em what they want, eh?

5. Of course their side called the Drug War. They coined the term War. So they shouldn't expect any civil outcome in their control driven goals. Let it get fugly, for a war is fugly, bloody and nasty. Let the festivities begin.