The 2 Party System

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jake the Dog, Jun 29, 2013.

1. What do you guys think about it? I hear a lot of people on the site referring to political party's as if they truly have the same agendas and many other theories... Do you like the 2 party system or should it be replaced? Even if it is replaced then how will you make it work? 

2. Replace it? Its not really a system. Its a result.

Elites fund the media and the campaigns. They make it seem like you have to vote for one.

There is no party system. Only a population of sheeple

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

It's an inheritance. If the majority of the US population thought that the Constitution could be improved upon, instead of thinking it was a holy relic that can never be touched, the two party system could work well.

4. #4 yurigadaisukida, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
    [quote name="Kiwimann" post="18276286" timestamp="1372462889"]It's an inheritance. If the majority of the US population thought that the Constitution could be improved upon, instead of thinking it was a holy relic that can never be touched, the two party system could work well.[/quote]No. The majority of american united under false flags like legalizibg gay marriage and decided a vote for a third party is wasted, because well everyone thinks thatSent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. The two party system is basically just an illusion. No matter who gets into office the same things happen the same agenda plays out. George Carlin says it best I recommend anyone who hasen't watched Carlin before check him out, RIP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

• Like Like x 1

He's like the Grandfather I always wanted. 

Why the fuck was a White person and Black person marrying illegal to begin with? I mean, why was gay marriage illegal to begin with?

8. #8 Kiwimann, Jun 29, 2013

You can't pretend that the way the 2 party system currently is, is because it was designed to be like that.

That's like someone giving you a Honda that pulls hard to the left because the last person to drive it curbed the fuck out of it. And then you complain that Hondas are shit because yours pulls hard to the left.

9. Does it matter? The point is tje president used gay marriage to pander votes then continued all bushes policies and didnt even look back at gay marriage...

10. Obama continued all of bushes policies thay he "opposed" which is proof enough they serve tje same agenda

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 Kiwimann, Jun 29, 2013

When are you going to get to the part where you explain why you don't have as much freedom as people living under Nazi rule?

edit - shit. wrong thread

12. #12 MrCrispy109, Jun 29, 2013
    The Two Party system is a terrible system in the current political situation in America. As long a corperations and special interest groups can pay politicians any amount of money they want to both parties are going to vote in the same direction, save for a few exceptions. The Republicans and Democrats are basically the same thing, so in my opinion the US would benefit immensely from a second, third, and maybe even a fourth party.

• Like Like x 1
    That doesn't mean a 2 party system can't work. Only that it isn't working for you at the moment.

Not if the majority of people are going to vote the same way they have been. Having more parties wouldn't make any difference at all.

If a new political party was able to get a decent amount of support and get representatives elected then people would start to question the status quo and allow new parties that actually work for their constituents to replace the current parties.

It would be easier to completely abolish political partys so people would actually have to do research on a candidate. Instead of saying I'm a Republican,  you would have to actually elaborate on what you believe and why. 

If enough people were politically motivated, educated, active, united and shared the same agenda, then both parties that already exist would have to change suit. It is that simple. A 2 party system not working is a failing of the people that aren't making it work, not an inevitability.

Presidential elections would be nonpartisan, but how the fuck do you expect laws to get passed if all of the politicians have to make allegiances every time they hear a bill? It's slow enough as it is.

19. #19 yurigadaisukida, Jun 29, 2013
    [quote name="Kiwimann" post="18276424" timestamp="1372465022"]When are you going to get to the part where you explain why you don't have as much freedom as people living under Nazi rule?edit - shit. wrong thread[/quote]Yra also i already told you that i mispokeSo not only do you fail at critical thinking but also at readingSent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. So naive