Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Insomnia THCa to CBN conversion without time

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Buddwiser88, Jul 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I have a really hard time sleeping and I was wondering if there is a way I can speed up the process of converting my bud that is chalked full of THCa into CBN without letting it sit out for months?

2. I believe that heat would speed the process.

I can tell you this, with a strong indica GD and a CBD GD I sleep much better than in years and without large doses.

I believe that Bad Kat's oil method of heat and freeze cycles would make you a very sleepy result.

3. #3 Buddwiser88, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    I

4. I'm trying to do this with shake, abv, trim, etc. any affordable bulk of material I can buy. Also I'm trying to isolate the CBN without the other cannabinoids in the process due to the risk of stimulation of any sorts.

Would heating it for say 240 for 6 hours straight do the trick or is it better to do 240 for 1 hour each day for 1 - 2 weeks letting them get exposed to air and light during that process?

5. not really sure how you could achieve it without time but bit I tried some old cannabis once and it put me down! I even mixed with fresh cannabis and still it put me to sleep... using brown ABV will give you the sedative effects you're seeking as long as the abv was cooked enough to super oxidze the THC

6. Wouldn't cooking fresh cannabis for 6 hours straight for say 200 degrees make it so that your fresh cannabis will feel like old cannabis? The thing is I don't have time to leave cannabis out for months to stale. I rather buy fresh cannabis and decarb it to the point that it looks like it old and brittle.

• Like Like x 1
  7. that is about all you can do to it to maximize the sedative properties in the cannabis. the long drawn out degradation of the thc molecule to cbn over time could not be " lab made" so to say IMO. when you decarb the cannabis, even doing longer than needed you are in effect just knocking off the carbon shield and not so much oxidizing the molecules just decarboxylate them. I honestly do not know for sure but you would be better off finding a sleepy strain and using it normal like.... please let us know how you do in your experiment though, peace.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 Buddwiser88, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Will do. I will buy probably buy an ounce of trim, shwag, or any other low grade bud so that I wouldn't be risking much. I will let you know how it turns out after slowly decarbing at 200 degrees for one hour each day for 2 weeks. 2 weeks time isn't much, but when added to 200 degrees of heat each day should play a significant role or at least more likely than just decarbing it all in one day for 12 hours. Also I think with the heating the cannabis for 200 degrees everyday knocking off the carbon shield added with doing it for 2 weeks time should speed up oxidizing the molecules to CBN more quickly than just leaving it out for 6 months without heating or at least equivalent to it..

9. I was amazed when I tried the old cannabis that time I did. it just made my eyelids real heavy. good luck

10. Turn your weed into rosin or get some oil you'd be okay with eating and decarb it in the oven for 24 - 48 hours. The darker red color the oil turns, the better - the more CBN there is. Let it go as long as you need to get it as dark as possible. There will be less THC than normal, you can combine it into regular decarb'ed oil and make it your CBN booster to your recipes.

11. #11 Buddwiser88, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    I usually turn my weed into Green Dragon tincture, but from their I can reduce to RSO. At what point will it completely convert all the thc into cbn? Ofcourse I would leave it on (the oven) for a week straight, but electricity bill is expensive and I don't want to leave it in their longer than necessary. I want absolutely no thc and a pure cbn product.

12. not sure it would be healthy but could you add an oxidation catalyst or something like a rusty nail, lol. here we all are looking at ways to avoid oxidation and you are going after it by oxidizing one of the most anti oxidant plants there are! there has to be a way to speedily oxidize THC but as to being healthy afterwards??

13. #13 LuxSpiritus, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    No, please do not put any rusty metals near your weed that isn't safe. Most oxidizers are chemically toxic and should not be put with weed at all, And CBD(And CBN) is also not a oxidation product it is a product of chemical reduction from heat or other sources of degradation mainly light(Ultraviolet) and heat.
    Take it from me I minored in Organic Chemistry at a Private university.

If you want to speed the reduction the best way would be too spread sifted product as much surface area exposed as possible to a good amount of heat and light and I'd say about a day or two of this would degrade a good amount of THC. Although you could also lose a good amount which is not preferable.

I would really suggest though investing in some CBD oil itself if that's what you are looking for it will likely save you money, Or you could stick to indicas as a patient for Insomnia and a few other things, I've found they are best for quick and restful sleep because of the higher CBD content. Honestly if you can't pick and choose buds I would invest in concentrates or the pure CBD oil which itself is entirely legal you can find it at head shops and online. It would be much more efficient and preferred to using buds.

14. exactly Luxspiritus...

I did not mention too that the high CBN (Old) herb I had was jarred the duration of a few years and was not exposed to oxidative sunlight or atmosphere so it was a slow natural degradation...

15. #15 Buddwiser88, Aug 3, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Well I do already have CBD oil (CW olive oil from the Stanley brothers Charlotte's Web by the Stanley Brothers) and that is not for sleeping. I rather have a pure CBN product so that I can take roughly 5mg before bed to help me sleep because these over the counter medications isn't cutting it. So I will do Luxspiritus advise and buy cheap shwag, trim, etc. grind it to joint consistency, spread it out evenly on a tin foil and place it in a convention oven at 200 - 300 degrees for 2 days. I would have done a natural degradation like Galaxy 420, but I simply don't have time to wait or alot of money to spend to get proper sleep.

I can't believe CBN is not legal and available to the public online. It is just as safe as CBD.

• Like Like x 2
  16. The best way to tell is the original starting color of your oil. I work with rosin, but rso would suffice. It should turn from a lighter color to significantly darker. It is hard to tell without lab testing when it would be completed, but id say once the color stops changing is a good indicator. Id go in the oven 24 - 48 hours, if electricity is an issue i would make big batches. Increasing surface area by spreading will speed up the process and make the heat,more evenly applied. Use a pizza stone for more even heating also. Get it out every few hours and stir it around. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  17. We have some great CBN and our customers love it! When our CBN is made there is a lot of material lost in the process of creating the CBN. If you are interested in trying a tincture or vape cartridge you can check out our site San Diego hemp cbd cbg cbn products wholesale retail shop online Great Thread!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. THANK YOU SO MUCH! ALL THE SITES I LOOKED INTO ONLY SELL CBD! I WAS LOOKING FOREVER FOR A SITE LIKE THIS!

19. Useful post

20. #20 WeedCat, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Making a slow infused cannabis oil in the crockpot for three days will turn it in to a good CBN. Put it in to capsules or a spoonful in to a creamy drink a few hours before bed and you'll sleep like a baby.

Following this up this with the "high" factor. This will make you high but a super relaxed narcotic-like feeling. This is why is so delicious to sleep to. It's like a roller coaster. You'll be active in the brain for the first 2-3 hours of taking it, but then you come down and the sleepy feeling sinks in.

• Like Like x 1