THC stimulates bone growth???

Discussion in 'General' started by tZa, Mar 6, 2010.

1. I recently rebroke my heel (3rd time in two years). This was the first time that I visited the doctor about it. They gave me xrays and MRIs and told me I had torn a ligament completely in two and had multiple chips on the front of my heel bone. They gave me a boot and crutches and said I would need them for two months. It has been two weeks and I went skateboarding for the first time today with relatively no pain.

So, I started to wonder... how am I able to skate so soon with not much pain? I thought to myself... well I do smoke an awful lot of marijuana....and I know that marijuana receptor CB1 and CB2 sites all over the body... What if marijuana stimulates bone growth?!

I come back home and start googling and find a scientific journal [ame="http://www.scribd.com/doc/294853/Medical-Marijuana-Mackie20CB20Receptors20Annur20Rev20Pharm20Tox202006"]Medical Marijuana - Mackie%20CB%20Receptors%20Annur%20Rev%20Pharm%20Tox%202006[/ame] that mentions THC and bone growth. Im still looking for more sources and if anyone can find any info i would love to read them.

I am wondering if concentrating THC into HashOIL and then either consuming it through the mouth OR rubbing it on my foot would promote faster healing than smoking? The only reason I think this is because I watched Rick Simpsons RUN FROM THE CURE documentary in which he claims that ingesting 60 grams of hempOil within 60 days will pretty much cure anything from cancer to MS.

I would love to get some feedback on this theory!!

2. I know thc helps the pain and inflamation, but i really doubt it stimulates bone growth. If it did, then all bodybuilders would smoke.

3. well im guessing you were high when you went boarding today? if so then i wouldnt do it again. if its only been two weeks bro, i wouldnt push it. Give it the alotted time to heal, if you dont you could re break it or your shit wont heal properly. play some skate 2 or something instead. thc doesnt promote bone growth, if it ever did, i imagine it would have to be a very concentrated.

4. #4 HardToker(:, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2010
    Why do people go on like marijuana is some kind of miracle drug. Yes it does help pain and yes it helps when alot of other drugs fail, but it's not some kind of cancer curing miracle that the majority haven't come across yet. I highely doubt that it "stimulates" bone growth just the same as people say it kills brain cells and others say it "stimulates" brain cells,
    Come on guys its Mary Jane.