THC percentage doesn't matter

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by weednotcrack, Aug 29, 2018.

1. #1 weednotcrack, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    I been smoking weed for a long while and I don't think THC percentage matters. I believe it's all the other factors that determine how enjoyable the high will be. If you think about it, THC is in every strain, so that's not the determining factor in what makes one strain different from another.

I'm a medical cannabis patient and I've tried a lot of different strains, never really liked picking the same strain twice, it rarely is the same experience, probably due to different growing practices, or some sell under a strain name that is popular at the time but it's something else, idk. Anyways..

Take my experience of the last few days for me for example. I've gotten a oz of herijuana and 5 grams of strawberry short cake moon rocks and the high from them was not enjoyable. The THC percentage for the herijuana is 24%+ and the moon rocks had to be more than that, probably 30% -40% range, but the sleepiness of it's indica heritage was not what I was looking for. I mean I know weed makes you sleepy, but DAMN.

Now I just got an oz of green reeper and it's a sativa, and the high is WAY better. First the first hit out of bong i felt the difference, and it's just buds, no extract. It's like I would trade my indica buds for more of the sativa.

But here's the thing, sometimes the lower price strains have a better, more euphoric high than the higher price strains, and they can be in the same category, Indica, Sativa, Hybrid.

One more thing, dispensaries would sometimes have a strain that i know is a Indica or a Sativa and they put it in the wrong section. I saw green crack in the indica section, I mean come on...

It's crazy cause I want a certain type of high. Euphoric, happy, and care free. And with strains being placed where ever, it makes me think, are any of these strains really what they say they are?

It's like having a good meal a restaurant and the menu said it was called a veggie supreme pizza, you don't know exactly what was all in it, but it was delicious and you wanted it again. You go back, order that veggie supreme pizza again, and now it's a whole different pizza, with different ingredients, and prepared differently. And the waiter and everyone at the restaurant will be stubborn about it and tell it is a veggie supreme pizza even through you know it tasted way better the first time, different flavors.

Idk, I just feel like the only way to have the same pizza with any level of guarantee is if you grow it and make clones of it, except if it's a autoflower, I was told those won't clone very well.

I guess you just enjoy the pizza's that you get and look forward to a even better tasting pizza in the future.

Found out Green Crack IS a indica, what a mind fuck. Sounded like a sativa wake 'n bake to me...:confused_2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. THC does matter lol that's like saying a bowl of weed gets you just as high as a bowl of hash, it doesn't work like that the higher the THC% the higher it'll get you..

3. it is depending on the combination of thc and cbd...
    you can have a high level of thc...but with high cbd aswell the effect wont be euphoric
    you need high level of thc and low cbd .
    its all in the combination.
    and then you have phenotypes....so the same strain can be more indica or sativa.
    and be more down or up

• Agree Agree x 2

4. according to this, the thc alone wasn't as enjoyable as the thc with cannabinoids.

And i've tried 99.8% thc-a crystaline, it was expensive and wasn't all that and a bag of chips. Honestly rather have gotten bud. Oh well, live and learn. It looked impressive but the experience was not impressive. I thought it would be like dropping acid with that percentage level, but it just felt like weed, without it looking like weed.

I don't know, just feel like you get good sativa's once in a blue moon then are stunk with shitty indicas.

5. ace seeds Malawi....has done the trick 5 years in a row for me...and I love my sativas

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Know what's funny? The oz of green reeper that i got has no reviews or any seed bank for it so I'm just smoking some random strain and it's up to me to write the damn review, like what the fuck.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I'm the god damn patient AND the scientist. hahaha:laughing:

8. I dose with oil capsules and I control my doses to within a couple of milligrams. I have a bottle of CBD oil, when I add that to my hash oil it I can't tell that it changes my high at all, certainly nothing so exaggerated as it supposedly did to the lady in the video. It was like she read what she was supposed to feel and so that's the way she felt. Weed is weird like that sometimes, your mindset and THC dose is what determines the quality of the high.
    THCA crystalline is simply a pure form of THCA, it felt like smoking weed because that's what you were doing, except without the weed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Agree with OP. That has been me experience, at least with smoked/vaped flower. Beyond 10% THC, I really don't see a correlation between the THC level and the high. The CBD content doesn't seem to affect the high either. I also think that the characterization of indicas as calming and sativas as energetic is BS. I find green crack calming and northern lights is racy and makes my heart go crazy. Maybe I have weird body chemistry?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Has anyone considered the entourage effects of the individual terpenes of each strain? Screenshot_20180919-194607_Chrome~2.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. The terpenes and flavonoids probably play a role in the effects, as well as the other known cannabinoids, but there must be something more. There won't be much research possible while cannabis is schedule I.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I suspect it's not the only factor at play, but I think it makes a difference to an extent. I do feel like some of the 23% weed from the club feels better than some of the stronger shit. But with all the hybridization, who knows.

High THC weed is recognizable and very distinct. I think the THC content matters, but it's not the end all be all.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I’m gonna do some purple haze x Malawi from Ace. Any tips? I usually grow hybrids or indicas

14. If you gonna grow indoor I would suggest starting floweration early...they will double in size .
    Also keep the feeding at a minimum.
    These sativas don't require nutrients like other hybrids or indicas..

I haven't tried purple haze /malawi. .
    But I have planted the purple haze tai last year.....awesome stuff....the malawi to.
    This year I have malawi, golden tiger, kali China, snow moon , gorilla girl and 4 jack herrer. ..all comming along nicely.

Good luck dude

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. It's my opinion the terpenes only effect the flavor. Our mindset and the quantity of THC and how suddenly it overwhelms our receptors is what determines our high. IV drug abusers know if you trickle your drug in it's effects aren't near as dramatic as a fast IV push even though the dose is the same. This is why high quality pot feels better than smoking a lot of lesser quality.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I agree to an extent, but your mindset can be heavily effected by said flavors/smells. Hell, why has aroma therapy or variations of been used for thousands of years?

That being said, I would still almost always choose a higher thc% over a preferred flavor profile.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. I absolutely and positively believe that there is WAY WAY WAY more to “getting high” from inhaling Cannabis smoke than one simple THC molecule - for any of you actual old Skool dudes that were smoking herb back in the 70’s I will guarantee that you know what I mean if you were ever lucky enough to smoke the old TRUE Sativas - the Thai, the equatorial Sativas - the actual real native stuff that did NOT LOOK PRETTY - it wasn’t nice round hard buds - more often than not skraggly and thin, it wasn’t always covered in pretty keif - but man oh man - SOARING, wild rides - not for the faint of heart by any means - I’m positive that today’s Indicas and Hybrids could probably blow the old Sativas out of the water with their “28% THC” content - but these ugly old Sativas would laugh at today’s modern buds.

There is a whole lot more to it than “THC Content” folks - and if you don’t believe me and you’ve never tried a true landrace Sativa then make it your life’s work to do so -

But be careful.

J

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. check aceseeds

19. EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! HAHAA! You could smoke those old school sativas all day and just get higher and higher, it just keeps going up! These indicas make you so sleepy, it's not even enjoyable, it honestly feels like as if you hit a ceiling at certain point and won't get higher if you smoked more. I don't know, you feel out of it I guess. For me, I feel like those old strains give me the high that I was promised and personally sold on. Happy, laughing, trippy, dream like, but a good dream! Excited is a good word to describe it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. I already like you...lmao...
    couldn't have put it better

• Friendly Friendly x 1