THC-fat storage?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Joshyboyy, Apr 21, 2016.

1. So I read somewhere that thc can be stored in fat, and my highdeas conceived this thought of thc oil possibly combined with other supplements that could help get that into the fat, and when you go on a run and/or metabolize your stored fat, the stored thc would metabolize and thus literal runner's "high"? Would this concept work? If I'm on to something i said it here first 4/21/16 lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. An inactive metabolite gets stored in your fat.
    :smoke:

3. It works to some extent. I have been smoking for a few years now and because of a few medical conditions my body will burn its fat cells now and again and I get a little buzz. However its not possible to have any kind of fat storage for dope because most of it will get metabolized during daily life. This being said because thc and cannabanoids will bond with fat when activated by heat we are able to use it to make edibles such as brownies or cookies. Anything that has fat will be able to hold activated thc for a certain amount of time. Hope that made things a bit more clear.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you for your responses, I've been reading up on it more and I've found that your body also releases cannabinoids that it naturally produces that contribute to a runners high even in people who've never even smoked (although the majority is endorphins and what not obviously) or in any situation of fear such as a car accident your body releases them there as well which brings to the controversy of people dying in car crashes then being autopsied and finding thc in their body recently, which could have been a reaction from fear in the crash, there's still a lot of looking into but an interesting different angle on cannabis one wouldn't immediately expect lol thanks blades

5. My experiences in this subject indicate that yes, when burning fat reserves one can experience noticeable thc release. this can be relevant to, say, cleaning one's system to pass a drug test. another thing i have noticed is that a person at too low a body-fat percentage can have real trouble processing thc into their systesm. in other words, it is possible to be too skinny to get high properly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hmm could be, I have tons of friends who never seem to get high off of edibles and all of them are skinny dudes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Interesting. Ever since i cut out junk/processed foods and live a more healthy lifestyle i seem to get way higher then i used to. Even if i smoke every day i can get blasted from a small joint to when i was younger i would need a FAT blunt to get to that stage but then again weed is stronger i guess..

• Like Like x 1