Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC Dose for Depression?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by SublimeSutra, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Hello, so nice to meet everyone! I've been meaning to join for a while now.

Today I have a question for anyone willing to listen. My sister has been battling depression and bipolar disorder for a long time now, therapy doesn't seem to work, and I don't want her to be on medication. (I was on medication for about a month and hated the way that poison made me feel.) I was wondering if anyone knows of an appropriate dose of THC for depression and bipolar disorder. 5 mg? 10 mg? Less? This is probably a question that has no right answer, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Also, how often should it be administered? Daily? Every other day?

Have a wonderful day.

2. You answered your own question. Additionally some people with serious issues NEED what you call "poison" to improve a chemical imbalance or properly cope with issues. MJ in combination might be a poor choice and coming off meds can in some severe cases can be life threatening. Let your sister medicate herself if that is what she chooses.

I take extreme caution when I read these posts of such serious issues that totally discount modern medicine as "poison" and pot as being totally risk free. Wrong doses and a possible inability to tolerate marijuana can make mental issues much much worse in some cases and offer a litany of previously unknown issues to come up such as anxiety and paranoia.

Talk to your sister about MJ? Yes, but I suggest you let her pick her own path. That's what I did with my wife with her migraines and anxiety. I opened the door and let her pick her path. She is much better now and knows what usually helps, what strains to avoid and how much to dose. It took her months to figure much of that out. Go to a dispensary and some pot she hates helps others with the same conditions. My wife is extremely picky because some strains makes her actually have a migraine. Luckily for me if it burns it helps me.

3. As someone with Bipolar disorder I would not call the meds that keep me functional poison. Pharm meds have saved my life and made it worth living. Cannabis is not recommended for bipolar disorder. I do smoke and take edibles, but not more than once a week. I do not medicate my bipolar disorder with cannabis. I wish your sister the best of luck.

• Like Like x 1