THC Bomb-Pics-First Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ChronJon, Dec 4, 2008.

1. #1 ChronJon, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2008
    Hey fellas, first grow, this is the setup.

Seeds- THC bomb ordered from marijuana-seeds.nl
    Soil- Perlite and organic soil used for tomoatoes, also with a mixture of worm castings.
    Lighting-Right now for the veg stage I have 400 W MH on it
    . Fan is on when the lights are on.
    I have tin foil( Wrinkled to reduce hotspots, upgrading to mylar this week) on the floor above some plastic and in place as a divider in my closet(have to put mt clothes somewhere!). I also have a 7 day digital timer controlling my lights(currently 18-6 cycles)
    I use distilled water, Hesi Supa-Vit and Fox Farms Grow big. For the flowering and blooming I will switch over to my HPS bulb and Tiger Bloom.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My question is, as you can see in the pics, I have a 4' fluorescent ballast on the wall, I have 2 of these that I used before I got my MH/HPS ballast, should I leave this on the wall? I just put it there thinking the more light the better, but the MH bulb at 38000 lumens pretty much drowns out anything the fluoros produce. Put up both fluoros or just use the MH?

Thanks for the gander

2. #2 Mr. Stinky, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
    lookin forward to the thc bomb :)

and the floro's might come in handy once the hps is up...

3. Really? I was more under the impression fluoros would be good for veg stage, but the light they emit wouldn't do much for the flowering and blooming.

4. ya, the blue and UV from the floro is a drop in the bucket compared to ur MH, but with the hps, the little bit from the floro's might make a difference. ive read that floro's added in flowering increases yeild, and a grower on icmag uses them mounted right on his 1000w HPS fixtures. ask him why he does it

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=95395

5. Right on, the possible increase in yield or benefit for my future girls is enough reason for me to put em' up.