Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC Activation

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dwayne Forge, Mar 17, 2010.

1. So I grind my bud with my fingers because I don't have a grinder and its pretty easy. But you get a little kief on your fingers even if you do it over a glass or something so what if you light your fingers on fire and then lick them? That'd get the THC hot and you'd absorb it through your tongue. Like just pass a lighter over your fingers, not torch them. I did it a few times but i was smoking so I don't know if it'd work or what.

2. Invest in a pair of scissors (Y)

3. Cool dude thanks for answering my question about what to grind my bud with.

4. There's no way what you're speaking of would work.

THC does not need activation, it does need however need to be released from the cellulose (plant matter) which your body cannot digest fast/effeciently enough to get a buzz from raw marijuana. When you make edibles, you're not activating the THC, you're extracting it to the fat content of whatever you're cooking it in to via means of heat.

If you just heat up the crystals, you're either going to not burn the cellulose and therefor not release the THC, or you're going to burn the cellulose and the THC will vaporize away and there would be no point in licking said crystals, since they'd have no THC.

Either way, it's not gonna do anything.

5. Well that sounds pretty fucking lame, but it seemed like an awesome idea. But if it could possibly burn or not burn the cellulose and thc, why couldn't it just burn the cellulose and not the thc? Not saying it'd even be any THC to get a buzz, but maybe an extra 5% or something.

6. Its not possible, burning marijuana crumbs off your fingers to try get a bit more buzzed is
    the most pathetic idea ive ever heard :smoke:

7. Well, if you burn the cellulose, then there's no physical boundary to contain the THC.

If you get the cellulose hot enough for it to be destroyed, you've already exceeded the temperature at which THC vaporizes. In other words, at some point while you're heating those crystals, all the THC is going to go poof and vaporize in to the air, essentially.

8. I'm a very sad and lonely man. Do you not see my name? I'm melancholy as tits.

9. Then I'll be hotboxing my pathetic marijuana crumbs, si?

10. I say if the man wants to light his fingers on fire let him light his fingers on fire. Be sure to post pics so we can see how it worked :rolleyes:

11. Dip your fingers in some yay and lick them...that works better.

12. I've actuallly been doing this for about a year now. I'm not making my flesh bubble, for gods sake, i just pass the lighter over them. Just in case. Doesn't hurt anything.

13. If I'm ever in a pinch and have to use my skin(on the rare occasion) I lick the stickyness off my fingers afterwards. It doesn't do shit, but it tastes nice.

Get a small pair of nail/cuticle scissors, and make sure to sanitize them before using them for the first time. It's good to wash hands as well before preparing weed.
    Use scissors and tweezers to handle and cut up buds.

14. Yeah well then whatever I guess i can just taste my trichomes. Like I said though, I don't really need advice grinding my bud. I use scissors if i'm at home, but alot of the time I'm out somewhere and I'm not gonna just carry scissors and a shot glass in my pocket. And I don't want to break it up beforehand, I prefer to keep it in nugs.

15. If you hold the flame on their long enough the thc should absorb into your fingers.

Let us know how it works.

16. Lol ok, i'll get right on holding a flame to my fingers for extended periods of time. The ridiculous part though is theoretically I think it WOULD work if someone covered themselves in kief and then walked into a 350 degree room. They'd die, obviously, or be severely injured, but I'm actually unable to think of a reason it wouldn't get them high as fuck before-hand.