That "god damn" rap music!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by CheechMarley420, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok so ive been on GC about a month, give or take
    And i don\'t know why but i kinda get an anti-rap feeling from alot of people
    It might be because im hella faded cuz the feeling has just come to me

But if you have anything to say about rap, then please, let the feelings flow

2. I personally, like a little hip hop here and there. Stuff like Mos Def, Black Star, Bone Thugs, etc. Rap on the radio sucks balls though.

3. i honestly love rap ; but i think its getting worse and worse .
    i miss the back in the day jay-z ; biggie ; rakim ; the whole real-rap vibe in NY .

4. Yeah i know what you mean, rap really isnt rap on the radio anymore
    Its gay ass R&B

5. What? how about ggggggggggg-unit? haha

6. Also i have to say something
    It seems alot of people like Bone Thugs but dont like other rappers that rap about the same type of stuff

Dont get me wrong i love bone thugs
    But dont they talk about blunts, lowriders, guns and bitches like alot of other rappers?

7. anything i can get my swerve to rap country w/e.

8. i like lil wayne, snoop dogg, etc; but i also like my classic rock. just depends what kind of a mood i\'m in

9. This doesn\'t belong in recreational use. Rap sux :p

10. Listen to Tech N9ne, Twiztid, Insane Clown Posse, Kottonmouth Kings, Blaze Your Dead Homie, Boondox ect.

11. I love rap. I love real rap. I love real G shit. All the old 3 6 mafia stuff, all of their click, all that stuff.

The garbage they have on the radio now adays isnt rap. its pansy r&b with a beat. I\'de say rap went to crap sometime just after/in the year 2000\'s.

12. hm. yeah, i can\'t stand lil wayne, or anything that\'s on the radio (i bet some people are going to hate me for that)

but i love some older stuff. mos def, common, talib kweli, the j-5, digable planets, de la soul -- they\'re all on my most listened to playlists.

13. living legends
    yak ballz
    The Pharcyde
    a tribe called quest
    people under the stairs

14. Yes it does, i dont know about you guys but i get most of my music listening done while im high haha

I like almost all rap
    Lil wayne is sick but EVERY song he has on the radio is horrible
    Only the mixtape shit is good

I like dr. dre, snoop dogg, eminem is one of my favorites

If youve never heard of Dead Prez then you should listen to them because they are really good
    Also Immortal Technique is one of my favorites

15. My lil wayne collection is at 661

16. I like the real hard rappers I pretty much listen to mixtape shit because i agree the shit on the radio sucks thats not real rap its just record labels tryin to make alittle money off a one hit. I also think lil wayne is over rated he is good but theres alot of rappers just as good and theres more that are even better he just keeps coming out with millions of mixtapes with pretty much the same songs on all of them

17. i only listen to soulja boy, aka the REAL king of the south

/:rolleyes:

18. ^^^ Hahaha

19. I like a lot of rappers. It is true that popular rap music is becoming horrible, but theres still some currently popular rappers that are great. Nas is my all time favorite... All of his cds are genious. Jay z\'s newest cd is pretty decent also. There are many great rappers out there that are still doing their thing, even some popular ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.