Thanksgiving - I don't hate it, but not my favorite holiday

Discussion in 'General' started by WildWill, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Ya know, I thought about bringing a bottle... but then I realized that if I do, I'm probably going to drink the whole thing before I leave and look like a total alcoholic. :laughing:

I'm not an alcoholic, I just really love wine. :hide:

2. Yeah, I just cracked open one of the bottles I had reserved for Thanksgiving tomorrow.

It's an inexpensive Chilean Chardonnay that is just blowing my fucking mind.

:hippie:

3. Usually when I'm buying a new kind of wine, I go off of the name/label. I found a wine last year at a local "international shit" store called "Pinot Evil". I had to buy it just because the name was so awesome. :laughing:

It was actually pretty good, for the record. :p

4. How do you think I bought my first bottle of this?

[​IMG]

:laughing:

5. LOL! That's definitely a good one. I can tell it will taste good because the name/label is awesome. ;):laughing:

I'm definitely a stickler for labels, though. My husband buys beer all the time from this company called "Dick's Brewery" and I hate all their labels so much. :poke:

I feel like maybe I should email them and be like "hey look, my husband thinks your beer is great, but I think your labels suck ass. Please hire me to make new ones for you." Lol

6. A Thanksgiving without smallpox is hardly a Thanksgiving at all.

Genocide aside, I wait all fucking year to eat stuffing. Why don't we eat stuffing with every meal? I would eat it with my cereal in the morning.

7. Oh yeah, I forgot the other reason I hate Thanksgiving, my Step-Father is a jerk! He and my Mom fought the whole time after dinner, and he was in RARE form from the get-go. Thank the Goddess that I had my medicated Tofurkey which was THE BOMB.

My 21 y.o. cousin was there and he's a patient too, when he found out I medicated the tofurkey he HAD to have some, and he really really liked it. I was shocked and surprised. The vegetables that I marinated in the tincture came out tasting like candied carrots & yams.