Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thank you Older smokers.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by scarecrowm3, Jul 23, 2011.

1. So I'm not new to smoking, and I'm not a heavy duty high all day every day guy. But I'm quite young (18) and just wanted to say, completely sober, how much I adore meeting an older more experienced smoker, one who talks about his or her early days smoking with fondness but accepts and moves with new styles and words and trends ( and prices!), and one who doesn't think that he or she is better than less experienced or younger tokers, but just carries that aura of some1 wiser and tells the best storys tinged with nostalgia.
    Weeds all about uniting every1 from anywhere and from any generation and your epic guys! I hope I grow up half as cool! :)

2. i've grown up around weed, but my mom is almost 50 and still smokes. so for her, because i know she keeps up no matter what, i say you're welcome.

3. 18 here as well, I agree completely

4. #4 thcrazybotanist, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
    Yes I'm 51 and my Ex MIL died from a heart attack (not all unexpectally), the cops show up and one found her stash, like sitting right next to her as she is in the hot tub, with bowl, glass of wine and two ounces sitting there. She was cool, when I divorce my wife her daughter she called me up and said good, can we be friends again! LOL We were really good friends and use to get high together often, her daughter my wife hated that and we had to stop for years. She was Cool, a good person, LOL should of seen her funeral, it was a sight to behold, the difference of the crowds of the people that came.

Crowd one the stick in the mud righteous, then you had our crowd the cool hippies, then in that corner you had the gay community and in that corner you had the business/heavy drinkers it was almost endless, she was a known head/hippie but everyone loved her because well for a better word she was just cool.

My ex wife look at the cop (that stated they found MJ), she hated the fact her mother was a toker but she just kind of smiled and said "well Mom was Mom".

5. I'm thirty years old, been smoking since I was fifteen.
    It was the best drug I have ever found in my life. I fucking hate alcohol. But sure it feels way more intoxicating than Marijuana. But the reason MJ has stuck with me is because I can still do everything the same way when I am sober. I remember absolutely everything. I never think "wow I can't believe I actually did that".
    It's tough with it's illegality. The irony just kills me.
    All the founding fathers of the USA grew their own hemp.
    And now it's semi-illegal.
    If there's one thing that I could tell someone who's just starting smoking tha cannabis, that would be, "Control your shit, Don't act anyway other than your normal self, nothing pisses me off more than someone who is trying to be something they're not."

6. 54 here,been Blazin' since '69,soooooooo you're welcome!:smoke:

7. Cowboy, I've got 10 years on you and started a tad earlier, too! lol :smoking:

And all of you young'uns can thank me by EDUCATING YOURSELVES! :yay:

See that first link in my sig? Click it and start reading the titles! Stop when an article catches your eye! And there are some real mind-blower in my List! Here's a few of my favorite news articles-

Cannabidiol May be Effective in Preventing Bovine Spongiforme Enzephalopathy (Mad Cow Disease) (news - 2007)
    [FONT=&quot]AAMC: Cannabidiol may be effective in preventing bovine spongiforme enzephalopathy (mad cow disease)

[/FONT] Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA (news - 2008)
    Marijuana Ingredients May Fight MRSA

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news – 2007)[FONT=&quot] Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows[/FONT]

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006) (sentence #2! :eek: )
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's[/FONT]

CN BC: Expert Testifies Cannabis Helps Slow Aging (news - 2008)
    CN BC: Expert Testifies Cannabis Helps Slow Aging

What else can cannabis do? Click the link and read! ;)

Granny :wave:

8. Man she sounds truly awesome, I hope I leave this world with as much respect and admiration as she did :)

StinkyAttic, Right on! I feel exactly the same! Bloody hate that kid with the shiny white eyes taking 2 hits of a joint then trying to convince every1 else (who are mellowed out :smoke: ) that "he's so fucking high its scary man" I mean come on, the only way you get any respect from me about being stupidly high is if you take a heroic amount at a time and place when its appropriate, I never saw why Any1 would wanna fake being the annoying guy who wont shut up, when its a lot easier to fake being the cool quiet one. And even easier to say, "hey man I gotta be honest I not feeling that much is there any chance im doing it wrong and wasting it?" (yeah that was me first time smoking, Turned out i was breathing out most of smoke before inhaling, and For my confession that Im a noob? I got taught how to do it proper and smoked out, as well as starting an awesome convo about how these guys all did it wrong to begin with)
    wow soz for the essay!
    :p

Any of you got any storys you fancy sharing? :hello:

9. .....And thank you for showing us oldsters that there is some hope for the future..```

10. Not all kids are disrespectful a-holes. :)

11. yes, people always want to act cool and act like they know how to smoke or there destroyed but i had to ask to make sure i was smoking right my first time... and i got high that time and every time after haha

12. Na people are people, I'll get high with just about everyone at least once! One time when I got out of the military and was working in a Grocery store 3rd shift, the grocery boss gave me a hit and ask me to work in the freezer section knocking ice off. LOL, the next thing I remember (6 hours later) I was looking down this long aisle and shit all over the place and the store manager shaking his head and told me to get the F out of his store. Went back the next day and everyone was laughing about it and told me not to do that again, the guy that gave the me the hit was just looking up whistling hoping I didn't say nothing, I just laugh and said okay I won't do it again. I don't think a shift went by we weren't stone and joking, it was a cool job for a while.

Ps even though we never tripped at the store again!

13. Come to think about it LSD has to be all time favorite for that on a special occassion high.

14. scarecrowm3 ...

let me say thank YOU for making this thread. im 26, been smoking for 8 years now (since i was 18), and heavily/daily since around 2005, so about 6 of those years. ive lived in LA and was in the medical scene and visited amsterdam recently as well so ive seen the best of the best. so call that what you want...id say im pretty experienced but i know there are those out there faaar more experienced than i am.

ANYWAYS, first let me say i agree with your sentiment. i dont get to meet alot of smokers older than me often, but when i do its almost a humbling experience. they bring a soul with them that you dont find in the younger, less experienced smokers.

i also wana say its a breath of fresh air to hear someone as young as you say this kind of stuff about the 'elders'. too often these days, the younger smokers i encounter are either
    1. really stupid and immature and act childish when they're high (not that this is a bad thing, its just that that kinda stuff is way in my past now so i cant hang),
    or 2. cocky motherfuckers who think they know it all and dont have any respect for those that are more experienced.

i also dont think experienced smokers are necessarily 'better' smokers, however u wanna define that. but these yunguns all act like they are 'better' and more knowledgeable and are condescending when it comes to smoking. there is no need or room for that when smoking the herb. it never was supposed to be a competition!

thank you for realizing that. im blazed. im ending my rant here!

15. haha wanted to add one more thing...

this reminds me again of how the good herb BRINGS PPL TOGETHER...it is truly a gift to mankind. whether black or white, old or young. so there shouldnt be any friction between differences. we gotta realize we are all different but connected, and thus we should be thankful to be able to exchange stories/experiences etc. peacefully, through this wonderful plant

16. this is a pretty awesome thread, glad you brought it up :) I'm a younger stoner too, just 21, and for a while, I went on toking thinking I could only learn more about the plant by toking with older/more experienced people, but I've learnt so much about the plant just having sessions with younger/inexperienced people too. it took someone who's been doing this for years to help me open up like that. he helped me become much more humble, and I enjoy my sessions so much more now.

17. The only smoker that I know much older than me is a prick...but he is always a prick!
    Lol, one of the best guys I know though doesn't smoke anymore but loved to tell stories of "...way back in the 60's, or shit was it the 70's? Fuck I smoked a lot of dope back then...well way back..." Lol, he was a good friend of mine but we lost touch over the years

18. I'm young and i love smoking with people who have been doing it since the old school days. i smoke with the people at work who are 20+ years older and they say the craziest shit while we smoke

19. I know alot of stoners who have been smokin 30+ years, and they all have stories!