Thank you, Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by VikingToker, Dec 24, 2017.

1. It's his bday, and I was just thinking about how much Western civilization's progress is owed to the philosophies of Jesus. It was a good cult, he started, back then, and from it's seeds and it's failings in the dark ages, it has fertilized the Enlightenment, the bedrock of everything around us today.

As an agnostic, and formerly vicious atheist, I've always looked down on our Christian heritage, and considered it to be a mind-warping demon that had to be destroyed. I see now how important it has been for our progress.

Merry Christmas to anyone who celebrates it

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. I just watched the HBO show Gunsmoke. It had Christians killing each other in various fashion all the while burning the Jews. All in the name of Christ. so. Thanks Jesus, thanks a lot!

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. Haha, I'm glad an HBO show you watched is what informs you!

Not a student of history beyond the TV shows, I assume?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

5. Black Sabbath is great.

Would you like to discuss my original point in that the Christian heritage is what has set the foundation for the modern, secular civilization?

Or are we just here to immaturely shit on Christianity. Again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

6. I thought Christians believe Jesus was born on the 25th?, are you a Christian? If so how can you like Black Sabbath? They sing about Lucifer :confused_2:

7. I'm not a christian, as I posted. Did you just read the title and come ready to piss all over Christianity? We celebrate Christmas on the 24th in Norway, not all countries celebrate it on the morning of the 25th like they do in America.

Black Sabbath makes bad ass music. I love 'em. There's great Christian music too, religious conviction has nothing to do with how good or bad music is, or who can listen to it. Do you really think that, dude?

Aren't you a little embarassed at your own posts? Look at the needless antagonism and bullying, man, what the hell? You haven't at all commented on how Christian heritage is what set the foundation for the secular western civilization (of which I am a card-carrying member), all you've done is post a music video and been all 'haha why do you like this christian'

Embarassed on your behalf.

• Agree Agree x 1

8. I'm not from America I'm English, & nah i didn't come over to bully or take the piss quite the opposite actually.

Please explain further on your theory that "Christian heritage is what set the foundation for the secular western civilization".

I'm an Atheist God didn't create anyone/anything, the world was created by a big bang dude science proves it,& people evolved over 1000s of years.
    yeahsciencebitch.jpg

Please do also discuss further how if a so called God exists why are people without food/water in parts of the world? Why do you get terminally ill children? Why is there terrorists etc, if in fact there was a so called God none of these things would exist.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. So if God existed there would be only peace and he would control all of us like robots in order to achieve such. It is like that because there are limited resources, and because of people and their selfishness and craziness. God could still exist; and religion unifies people. There is some decent evidence to show that humans have a soul and that it even has a mass. There is a spiritual world, but where it begins and how deep it goes offends people so we may never know.

10. #10 nugwings777, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
    I got a treat for you. Your going to love this go to YouTube in the search bar type "Faith of our fathers shepherds Chapel" it will explain how Jesus is plan how he founded America and what the dollar bill stands for the pyramid with eye is Jesus Christ eye he sees all. It explains everything about our identity if your American we are the tribe of Judah. Its a prophecy that with just a little bit of faith is a mustard seed. We can tell this mountain to move. Meaning mountain symbolic for nation. We are going to go to war against a nation might be Russia or even the Vatican rome .an Gods going to throw them in the ocean an they will be drowned God always protects his children im speaking spiritually. It prophecy it will happen exactly is Christ says it will. True Christians can't be twisted by lies of men.most people are ignorant concerning the manuscripts. We can't be infiltrated either we always keep our original scribes and protect the word of God

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. You Have a choice you can follow God or Satan. Your either going to love one master an hate the other.God don't place burdens on people. Man has a choice its either influence by satans spirit. Or Jesus Spirit.we all got a choice to hurt someone or not .see your so confused when Gods word's so simple

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Theres different types of Christians an theres secret religions that claim to be Christian. You understand nothing of the world

13. Sir, I suggest you look to your own house. If you read the Bible you would know that Christ suggests that you share and care not flail and castigate.
    Matthew 7:3-5King James Version (KJV)
    3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

14. Are you trying to call me hypocrite. Don't disrespect God. Then try to flip it around on me.or i may have misunderstood what you meant but it didn't sound right are talking about when the Catholics jesuits were trying to whipe out God's offspring the true Christians?an were burning them. Because they wouldn't accept the pagan sacrifice. The blind sacrifice of turning a wafer into literally believing it is Christ flesh?a Christian believes unleavened bread is symbolic of Christ body.therez a huge difference

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. It seems like there's 2 schools of thought on the subject. 1 is Religion is all about my relationship to the Godhead. The others line of thought is that religion is enforcing God's will on everybody else . It seems to me that you fall into the latter. I am unencumbered by your beliefs and prefer to think for myself.
    I wish you well. Believe what you will. It concerns me not. I said Good Day Sir!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Interesting post, I've somewhat recently come to the same conclusion. I can't help but look around in America today and see how far, as a country, we have moved away from Christianity and its dire consequences. As much as I've railed on religion in the past, it has become clear to me that it is the moral glue for society. Without family structure and strong, socially enforceable morals society slowly degrades into degeneracy before collapsing. I fear for America's future without a revival in Christianity .

--Agnostic

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Please look into the video i mention you won't be disappointed

18. Jesus was a good guy and his words still hold some truth after 2000 years. The only thing I dislike about him is his misuse by the church.
    This cult of horny old man has surely done some good but I don't think it outweighs the bad.
    They should sell all their property and feed the poor n*****s in africa that's what Jesus would do.

19. Catholic aren't Christian. Two totally different religions

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Yeah like weed and cannabis are two different drugs

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1