ThaGreenThing 2000W, Back in Action!!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ThaGreenThing, Sep 19, 2010.

1. #1 ThaGreenThing, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2010
    I made a journal documenting my first ever grow last year, after that I started my second grow, 3 The Purps 60/40 Indica dom strain and 3 Purple Urkle. The purps turned out good and the urkle was great. here are pictures of my second grow and the start of my third and much more upgraded grow.

2. this was the end of the second grow, averaged an ounce and 1/4 off each plant so not bad, vegged for 2 weeks, flowered under a new 600 watt hps with digital ballast and 400 Watt metal halide. The purple urkle turned out soooooo chronic and rock solid.

Attached Files:

3. #3 ThaGreenThing, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
    This is my newest and most elegant/advanced grow yet. So here it goes:

STRAINS-
    Buddhas Passion, Grape Ape, Cherry Punch. All top quality strains and clones bought from a GREAT dispensary who's name will be withheld.

The GROW ROOM-

1000 watt hps, 600 watt hps, 400 watt metal halide for veg room.
    1- 8 inch inline fan sucking air through the two vented hoods into the ceiling ( creates a massive vacuum effect in the room that I am still fine tuning.

NUTRIENTS-
    * Invested in Metrop brand synthetic organic nutes. $65 a bottle, i have one amino root and one Calgreen.
    * Sugar peak base veg nutrient
    * Soul Synthetics Green N nitrogen supplement
    * MicroBlast micro nutrients
    * Hygrozyme (cycled once every two weeks)
    * Great White Mycorrhizae root bacteria (cycled @ once every two weeks)
    * Seaweed extract mixed in foliar spray @ twice a week

-The metrop brand is supposed to be "the shit" in short, a bit skeptical at first but now i cant complain because like it said my internodal spacing is much closer together and I am experiencing rapid growth with zero deficiencies.

Check out the less than 4 weeks of growth!

pic 1- transplanted rockwool cubes into dixie cups.
    pic 2 & 3- a week later they went into the 5 gal. At this time the roots looked incredible, the great white must be the culprit
    pic 4, 5, 6- one week later, the grow room is coming together and so are the ladies... Rapid growth!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Got the Grow room fully put together. The room is now 3/4 devoted to flower with 1000 watt MH and 600 watt HPS. The other 1/4 of space is dedicated to the veg room which has a 400 watt mh and 4 inch inline fan.
    Found a bunch of sour diesel and purple kush seeds in a grocery bag full of shake. They germinated nicely and i tossed em in dixies for some fun and experimentation, with the exception of two that are in the bubbler cloner.

These pics are 1 and a half weeks later (3 and a half weeks total veg time to date) and my oh my are they looking GGGGrrreeaaat!
    The flower room stays 74-77 degrees F with 82F at canopy level. I could not ask for anything more suitable. The lights are being left on 24/0 for another week, at that point 6 will go into flower followed by another 6 two weeks later.

anyways here are the pics

Attached Files:

5. very nice! :hello:

6. #6 BubbaKu-h, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2010
    outstanding third grow all i can say is wow

7. #7 ThaGreenThing, Sep 27, 2010
    Another week with no problems. I put up a 4x4 veg tent that will contain the veg light keeping the room dark during 12/12. Experienced salt related nute lockout and flushed them before it affected growth, now they're back to normal.

other notes: Took cuttings and put them in foam cubes, the veg room stays about 84. Not ideal but I dont think this will inhibit root growth or stunt the seedlings much, correct me if im wrong.

and the two seedlings in the bubbler cloner are growing very healthy with good roots.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. sorry about the poor picture quality, im limited to 2 Megapixels..

9. I do like feedback, if your viewing feel free to chime in :smoke:

10. Had some time so heres an update. I never did the math before but now at this point were at 6 weeks in veg. They are getting so large im beginning to question space, good thing i lst'd them bushy... Im kind of at a stand still for flower until i can get the veg room temp down... gonna go out and buy a 6 inch inline for that room because the 4 isn't cutting it. Anyways here you go, if you are in fact watching! hah

Attached Files:

11. #11 ThaGreenThing, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
    I took off for the weekend and upon my return almost all my lil clonies have roots! all the lil guys in the humidity dome have nice roots, one in the bubbler cloner has them too. The seedlings have jumped and the girls are still vegging. Another 4 inches of growth since I was away. I swear im gonna need hedge clippers to trim these girls back haha. Ill be switching them into 12/12 in a few days. I also got a fairly nice camera to take pics with now, hello macro
    You can see the ladybugs have taken a liking to their new home

Attached Files:

12. Hey greenthing just wanted to say somthing about your tempeture how hot is it exactly? and instead of adding some sort of bigger fan you should go ahead and create an outake for the intire room. This will help substancially.

13. #13 ThaGreenThing, Oct 5, 2010
    I trimmed the bottom third of all the girls today, there's a notable difference in air circulation and light penetration. I couldn't just throw away the thick lower branches that i had to cut of so i dipped them in cloning solution and put them under the dome with the other rooters :cool:

Here are the gals all trimmed up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. I am unclear what you mean by outtake. I have the 8 inch sucking air out of the flower side of the room into the attic, and then a 4 inch sucking air out of the veg cab.. I was planning on just upgrading to a 6 inch to see if that solves the problem but i am especially pessimistic as my temps are around 80 in the veg room on a cold night with 6 cfls :eek: I need to run a 400 watt metal halide in there!

this is what the fans look like

Attached Files:

15. Well you pretty much hit the nail on the head. The sucking out is what i mean by an outtake. You are taking out air hense the word out take. You should also add a intake since that seems to not be your problem. Make sure your getting it from some cold source. Like an out door window. Or even an AC unit. And its not bad to have 80 degeres in veg, but like you said thats during a cold night.. i stay right around 75 degrees and 55% humidity inside my veg, and its 75-77 in flower. with about a 60% humidity using a 600 watt hps for flower. and a 400 mh for veg. The 400 in veg will help out substanially and you probly wont have to have thoes giant inline fans working as your outtake and you can blow the 4 inch one straight through a 400 watt mh. this will reduce your tempature greatly just make sure that you have the other side of the hood hooked up with ducting going out of the tent. hope that kind of helps.

And im serious when i say blow through the bulb and leave no side of the hood open to the inside of the tent. Your using a thousand watts. Its going to be hott and its going to be hard to control. A 6 inch inline fan is usually used to cool 2 600 watt lights if they are lined up. So it should work just fine for your 1 thousand.

16. Note to self- Dont strain fresh cannabutter through a cheesecloth with bare hands before a midterm.... SOO Stoned :confused:

17. Thanks for the input brotha, Right now I have a thousand and a 600 watt Hps going in the flower section, thats cooled by an 8500 btu ac and an 8inch inline sucking the air out keeping that area a cool 75-77 depending on what I want. The door to the room has a vent near the bottom that allows adequate intake, not ideal but enough. The veg cab is sealed off inside the flower room with a booster fan providing intake. The 400 watt mh is in an open hood, its an old ass unit that probably isn't even all that efficient but it is what it is I guess. basically I think the only thing that could help out enough would be upgrading to a 6 inch...Any advice helps though

18. #18 ThaGreenThing, Oct 7, 2010
    Officially flipped 7 of the 14 girls into 12/12, the other 5 will be added in two weeks and the last two are my mommas. I also got a 6inch inline for the veg cab, now my temps are a cool 75-77 degrees in there with the 400 mh on. I recently transplanted the clones with a solid root base into dixies and the rest along with the fresh cuttings remain in the dome until they have better roots. Everything is going great![​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. #19 ThaGreenThing, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2010
    Day 6 Flower, they're getting big... possibly too big??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. love your thread! cant wait to see the plants.....
    im really diggin the "cloning" system....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now i gotta talk to hubby about my xmas present ;)

my excuse its not really for me..its for the "future babies" lol

CHEERS!!!!

The CannabisCouple