texas police using unmanned drones

Discussion in 'Politics' started by THC101, May 23, 2010.

1. "HPD says they will address privacy concerns later..."

The statement that follows that is:

"... they hope to be able to use it in about 7 months..."

:confused:

"Privacy concerns later..." is that after they've already deployed them? I think the people living in Texas who are directly affected by this should stand up for their rights. No, fucker, you figure out right now what the privacy concerns are, not 7 months later when it's already in the air.

If not, there's no reason why they can't be shot down right? The way I see it is, if law enforcement does not follow the law, and consequently plays dirty, why shouldn't we? Fuck the police. ;)

2. I agree with Vitamin here. If they wanna fly some shit like that around illegally, then shoot it out of the fuckin air. :D

Its only fair.

3. lol man ure on a roll today you said something else I agree with. I totally agree with shooting it down. They wanna screw around and do some sh!t like this without even so much asking the people if it would be ok then shoot the damn things down. Things like this are the reason our founding fathers gave us the right to bear arms. LoL @ them doing this sh!t in texas don't they know You don't fuck with Texas.

4. Black trucks, Sat. dishes and a portable launch pad... yeah this is going to go over just fantastically with the paranoid folks.

On a more serious note, the power trip the HPD is clearly on, lying about air space etc, hiding things from the public, demands nothing less than the entire leadership of the HPD to be fired and jailed.

HPD just better not get all bitchy when some techno nerd uses a narrowly directed EMP burst to send their new little un-shieled drone crashing down... or alternatively breaks into the likely poorly encrypted feed and posts the mayor banging a transvestite on youtube.

5. This is clearly a direct violation of the 4th amendment we need to put a stop to this sh!t now! :mad:

The 4th Amendment :

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

6. Hmmm... I wonder if these drones will be using their infrared cameras to look for growers???

7. thats fucked up son, that's cheating. It can look in peoples homes? They better only use those for scheduled use and shit, not just scanning the horizon for wrong-doers

8. __________________

9. Yea, that's some fucked up shit. "We'll address privacy concerns later" my ass. Fuck the police.:devious:

10. i wouldn't be surprised if Texans shot em' down, don't doubt their accuracy even though they live off mc donalds.

11. lol, no ones going to shoot anything down... those who try will be rounded up and dealt with.

12. .....but if one where to make a good shot with a 50 caliber or something of equal sutability, from proper cover (assuming these things don't have thermal, about to watch the video) they would never be the wiser, if one where to get out of the area in time, in a properly suspicionless fashon.

Would it not be awesome if on the first day out, they all got taken down witthen a few minutes of each other?

13. The beauty of electronic counter-warfare is that you don't need to shoot a gun.

This little puppy could probably be taken down with a handheld microwave or radar device.

14. Texas is nothing but a fascist conservative police state. We should do the country a favor and sell them back to Mexico or something.

15. Hmm....

Kentucky.........

yeah.

I have a better idea: deport the border warriors and various other pigs to mexico. Problem solved, in just the way they like solving problems.

16. Kentucky is not nearly as conservative as most people think. Nearly all local and state elections are won by liberal Democrats. The only time we ever vote Republican is in national election. I don't know why though. Anyway, I agree with you, people like that don't deserve to live in this country if they don't want to share.

17. You wouldn't be able to shoot drones down, not even with the best firearms we have today.

Like Sir Elliot said, there are other ways to take down drones....

18. Obama is more of a fascist than Texas...