Texas Man Faces Life In Prison For Pot Brownies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, Jun 10, 2014.

1. http://benswann.com/video-texas-man-faces-life-in-prison-for-pot-brownies/

(video on original story page)

This one is ridiculous. At first I thought it would be because maybe some kid/s got hold of the brownies, so they charged him with child endangerment, plus whatever other charges they could trump up on him.

2. So if I make a batch of brownies with 5 grams of hash oil I can sell the batch for $1000?  I think not.  Poor kid hope he gets out of this.

3. How do you even get caught doing that? Kid must have had a big mouth

4. Probably. Stories like this are the ones where the kids advertised on twitter and Facebook lmao not to mention its in tehas

5. That's terrifying.

I'm glad my country is so leinent. I've talked to officers while actively smoking a joint on more than one occassion.

I might be getting profiled, though, in the positive sort of way.

6. Reminds me a bit like when the cops bust a moonshiner and they include the jugs of backset and bubbling mashes in with the actual likker count.

7. that's the cool think about America. This isn't a nationwide thing. States have their owns laws.

Here in Las Vegas they are a lot more lenient on pot. I still don't want to get caught tho

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. i've seen where grows have been busted around here and they weigh the plants dirt, roots and pot (if they are in a pot or bucket) and say that they were caught with X amount of marijuana...even if it isn't budding

9. That's asinine! Like yurigadaisukida said, fortunately the pot laws are changing state to state here. I can have anything I want with cannabis perfectly legal but if I drive a few hrs away I can go to federal fuck you in the ass penitentiary for the rest of my life. God I hate the injustice system.

10. Yea Texas dont fuck around. When I was 17 I took some baseball cards from some lady and appearntly the value of the cards deemed it a second degree felony. Judge already was talking about ten years, so I took five years adjudication.
    This guy will have his charge reduced with a plea bargain of 5-10 years probation.

11. Yea and they wonder why no one respects them or their system, They can't even tell the truth when it comes to the weight of the plant.