Testing my tent.. Having some temp issues

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by xChiefxBigBudx, Sep 5, 2011.

1. SoO I just build my tent added my 6inch inline fan to the roof to suck out hot air and a clip fan also for circulation.. My tent temps when everything is on reaches around 89F with a humidity of like 39% my thero/hygrometer says dry...?

I don't know what to do or is this even a problem...?
    89 degrees
    39ish humidity
    I'm using (1) 400 watt hps light

2. I have the same problem and I even have an air cooled 400 watt HPS. 89 degrees is not good for seedlings at all, thats why I veg with Fluorescents. Once the plants get to be at least 8" high, I start flowering with my HPS and the temps get from 89 to 92 degrees. Not good either, my plants usually only grow another 8" or so but I end up with pretty big buds.

3. So do you think another fan will help at all.. And hat is your humidity like in your tent..?

4. I have tried all kinds of extra fans but nothing helps because you are basically just recycling the same warm air thru your tent over and over again. The only thing that works is bringing cooler air in either from another room or outside....and I have no Idea what the humidity is in my tent, never checked...maybe I should.

5. #5 xChiefxBigBudx, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yea if your thermometer doesn't show what your humidity is now get one that does.. I have a thermometer/hygrometer combo unit...
    So u tried fans have u tried another fan sucking out the air though..? Not just another one to circulate air..

6. Heres what I have. Got a 22" x 36" x 63" Agromax tent, one 6" exhaust fan on the top of my tent, got a 6" air cooled Euro reflector for my 400 watt HPS light, one 4" intake fan on the bottom of my tent and one 6" clip-on fan inside to give the plants a little indirect air...still my temps remain around 92 degrees inside my tent...its just too damn hot in the room my tent is in. So I decided to buy 2 T-5 fluorescents to veg with...I just put them in 2 days ago...even with them my temp is 86 inside, but I can live with that.

7. If possible get another small inline fan and direct fresh air from outside in the grow area. Also do some research on CO2 with high temps. Ive read where people that have too high of temps use CO2

8. I cant bring in air from outside or I would start doing that when things start cooling down here in PA. (it was 94 deg. here last to days) thanks for suggesting co2 though...I need to look into that.

9. So now about grow tent with the humidity reaching 39% what should I do. What is a steady range for humidity..?

10. [quote name='"xChiefxBigBudx"']So now about grow tent with the humidity reaching 39% what should I do. What is a steady range for humidity..?[/quote]

That's will be fine. It will go up and down as you water as long as it doesnt get to high in flower

11. My temps gave just reached 110 I am officially Izard the 400 watt light has only been on a few hours... I have no clue what to do..

-seek portable a/c unit
    - add another inline fan
    .????????

12. My temps gave just reached 110 I am officially Izard the 400 watt light has only been on a few hours... I have no clue what to do..

-seek portable a/c unit
    - add another inline fan
    .????????l

13. Keep the tent open when the lights on and blow air in from another fan

14. i opened up a couple holes in my tent and opened up a little bit of the tent up top. currently at 85.6 , ill take that . 49% humidity

15. do you have a cool tube or is your fan blowing air straight out the top? Keep enough flaps open to where there is a slight amount of suction on the tent walls (negative pressure).