Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Testing for THC and CBD

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by VARick, Nov 7, 2013.

1. I've seen there is now an analysis machine in a dispensary in CA for local testing of incoming medicine.
    Has anyone seen this or used it or have information about small scale testing?
    Just wondering if any caregivers check what they are providing to their patients instead of relying on the breeders information.
    Would also be a great tool on determining when to harvest for best ratios for a strain.
    If I've missed something via local search please point me in the right direction.
    Thanks in advance.

2. I've never heard of anything like that. Just to make sure I understand, we're talking a dispensary with a testing machine on site for patient use?

I know SC Labs will test for patients as well as collectives. Right now they only test for potency, pesticides and microbes but they're in the process of setting up genetic testing and strain identification.

http://www.scanalytical.com/index.php

3. #3 -SkyWalker-, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
    To actually get good info on your bud, you would need all the instruments to perform gas or liquid chromatography. At LEAST around 1k for everything and nice setups can run in the 10's of thousands. And you need to have the chemical techniques down if you want to get accurate results for whatever you're testing for. So for small scale testing not really worth it, but if you have the money to spare, you're into growing and know some chemistry, it would be a very worthwhile investment.

4. My bad.  I was referring to Harborside.  I thought I had read they had an onsite testing facility.  I think it was just wishful thinking on my part that there might be a means for caregivers to afford personal testing of product.

" Steve DeAngelo co-founded Steep Hill Laboratory, the first lab dedicated exclusively to cannabinoid analysis."

5. Sc labs does alot of the testing in california maybe you can go there? I'm sure it costs money