Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Test run BHO with pics

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by smokinbudzzz, Jan 11, 2013.

1. So im waiting for a VAC in the mail and divided to do a test run with some weed and use the water purge method and got this.

[​IMG]

To me it doesn't look right. Its like really hard puddy that if you heat it turns into liquid gold.

I used a quarter of really old bud that was really dry. I dont know if that had anything to do with it or what though?

2. Looks to me like there is still a lot of butane in there. Drop a dab on top of a bong rip, if it lights on fire, you didn't purge it enough.

3. I did that and it didnt sizzle or light on fire. It bubbles when i put it on the TI nail. Like this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWF5bx1jlj0]HD BHO on Afghan Kush Close up 1080p Macro - YouTube[/ame]

4. You're all good then bruh! Smoke that shit! :bongin:

5. Why did it turn out with this texture though? I wanted a different texture lol. Its really hard to work with. Its like really dried out puddy.

6. To be honest, I'm not to sure. Last time I tried to make BHO, it turned into Shatter, rather than oil. :p

7. Its seems like its on the verge of shatter but rather really hard puddy.

8. Maybe heat the bottom of the dish to maybe purge it more?

9. That might work, but it could also turn it to shatter like mine did (I purged to long). As long as it gets you ripped, and doesn't taste like butane, I would just smoke it. :D

10. Purged it a little longer and this is what i got. really stringy oil.

[​IMG]

11. Damn bro, come blaze me some of that! hahaha

12. Haha come on down to Calgary and i would be happy to blaze you up lol.

13. I live in Calgary :p

I might even know who you are, who knows lmao. How weird would that be?

14. #15 sachidananda, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
    I'll give rep to anyone who can tell me what VAC is without making me feel like a douche.

15. What area do you live in?

16. A vac is like a chamber that will suck out all the oxygen and butane that is still left in your oil.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcJ1EPUzXac]Vac Purge 1 - YouTube[/ame]

17. vacuum purging, it's a method to lower the pressure over the bho by trapping it in a container and vacuuming out the air to lower the pressure. Could be done with hand pump or a mechanical one.

When you lower the pressure, stuff boils away at much lower temperatures, even room temperature. Thus, the butane can be purged off.

No rep needed, seeing as you already did rep me today :p

18. NW, you?

19. I grew up in the N.E but live in the SW. I grew up in a little area called abbeydale lol.