Terrorists?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by .AcidTrip., Oct 1, 2008.

1. Argument.

are suicide bombers terrorist even though they do it in there home country to the army?
    When you see a middle eastern, do you think of him as a terrorist?

2. Check out this pamphlet the FBI distributes to local Law Enforcement.

Terrorist is being redefined to refer to any Peaceful, Freedom Loving, Pro-American Citizen.

[​IMG]

3. intresting.

i've always thought that being a terrorist is a very mental thing, terrorists are groups and they effect each other about ending war and getting thre pride and going to heaven. thats wrong as i mentioned in the qur'an its all suicide and that equals hell.

4. Well, jihadists do not see suicide bombings as "suicide." They believe they are fighting in a struggle against a foreign oppressor that does not worship Allah. While they are right in that sense, unfortunately most of their targets are not said oppressors, so they are just wasting their time dying/killing for someone else's agenda. They do not see themselves as suicidal murderers but rather warriors for Allah.

And not all terrorists are suicide bombers or motivated by religion... some terrorists call themselves the President of the United States.

5. Dude thats somehow i dunno hahah im a lil high excuse me but that line made me feel something like...damn.

oh and you i 100% agree with you,

6. Terrorism comes in many different shapes and forms.

Eco-Terrorism, Political Terrorism, State Terrorism, Cyber Terrorism

No I don't think all Middle Easterners are terrorists because there are many different terrorist groups that are not ME.

and yes to the suicide bomber question.

7. That is how some countries see you guys....as the assholes that let Bush keep on bombing their country to shit, and they DO see Bush as just another terrorist, but with a shitload of money, army and technology.

How did D.C. get so distant from the common American? How´s New Orleans doing again? (I really want to know though cause I haven´t heard anything and they did have that hurricane pass by this year)

8. Not necessarily to your first question, it wasn't directed at civilians but at a military target so I would say no, that's not necessarily terrorism. And no I don't automatically assume a middle eastern is a terrorist, anybody can be a terrorist in theory. But I also think that the term terrorist is highly politicized. It can depend on which side of the conflict you are on that determines who is a terrorist and who is a freedom fighter.

9. Are not suicide bombers actually homicide bombers since their sole purpose is to kill.

10. Thats fucked up!

11. What is a terrorist, really? Do you really think the 9/11 hijackers were intent on being as evil as possible? These "terrorists" are really just frightened animals that we've pushed into a corner, and they have no choice but to lash out any way they can.

12. I've been arrested for terroristic threats, does that make me a terrorist?

13. see, there really is no define of terrorist.
    other countries call us terrorist...
    so that makes everybody terrorist...
    bank robbers are terrorist..

in 2001, media keep sayin terror!!! is here!!! TERROR
    every fuckin time till everybody belives it...
    it just a way to scare people by using that word :rolleyes:

14. no. and NO

15. #16 maxrule, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2008

You said it pal!!!

[​IMG]

You should all read this and take it to heart.

"Before I was nine I had learned the basic canon of Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; and the tribe against the world and all of us against the infidel." -- Leon Uris, "The Haj"

The Muslim Takeover of the West: How it Works
    http://wwwwakeupamericans-spree.blogspot.com/2008/03/muslim-takeover-of-west-how-it-works.html

Islam is not a religion nor is it a cult. It is a complete system. Islam has religious, legal, political, economic and military components. The religious component is a beard for all the other components. Islamization occurs when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to agitate for their so-called "religious rights."

16. #17 Sam_Spade, Oct 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2008
    It's a good one, and you posed the thesis very well. Kudos on that.

Well, obviously one needs to take into considerations the group (if any) that they're a member of and their declared (or undeclared) motivations.

As a general answer to a general question; yes.

An individual attempting to coerce the general population by utilizing fear, especially when the modality of it is a violent action, like blowing yourself up to injure noncombatants.

No, and this is a very real social concern of mine. Just like what happened with Japanese-Americans and Japanese-Canadians during WWII, they were unfairly demonized, segregated and had their basic rights horribly violated.

This is something I hope that our society can continue to avoid in this increasingly stupid and asinine "War on Terror".

I'm rambling way to much, to summarize: Most (almost all) Middle-Easterners are regular people with a culture different from mine.

Humans are very tribal, we should be wary of how easy it can be to emphasize a cultural difference and unfairly ostracize an entire group of human beings.

EDIT (2):
    I just read the last couple posts above mine, and I pretty much agree (aside from the one directly above). The term terrorism in it's literal sense can ABSOLUTELY be applied to fear-mongering politicians. Violence is not necessary for terrorism to exist.

17. dude obama is not muslim!!!

18. /sigh.
    i dont know what that was all about.

19. Well, I can't look in to Obama's heart, but neither can anyone else.

Barack Obama's Muslim Childhood
    http://www.danielpipes.org/article/5544

Nicholas D. Kristof of the New York Times, reports that Obama "recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them [to Kristof] with a first-rate accent."

Would you have guessed on 9/12/01 that this guy would be president of the United States of America in 2008? :bolt:

[​IMG]