terrified to smoke; help!

Discussion in 'General' started by biorobotics, Oct 3, 2012.

1. #1 biorobotics, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
    so, i live in a co-op housing unit with apartments above and next to me. smoking in the units is illegal, as per city law (and helpfully posted 'no smoking' signs right outside).
    i've been smoking in my apartment at least twice a day for about 6 months, and i'm always extremely paranoid that i'll get caught, somehow. i blow smoke into a fan and spray odor neutralizer in the room afterwards. i'm mostly worried that someone nearby will hear the clicking of the lighter, or hear me inhaling (especially when i use a bong).
    it got really bad tonight, when my lighter stopped working so i was clicking and clicking and clicking, trying to get the flame to stay lit, and suddenly the smoke alarm goes off (i had the door closed, but the alarm is right outside the door). so i freak the fuck out and no way i can smoke any more now (i still had a good-sized bud left) so i put everything away and now i'm trying to figure out how to smoke again tomorrow morning (my usual routine).
    i might need to buy a new lighter, unless you guys can tell me why one of my lighters won't flick anymore, like it's grinded to a halt?
    anyway, how can i be comfortable smoking again? how likely is it that my neighbours suspect anything? worst case scenario, what kind of trouble am i doing to get in? will i have the police knocking down my door?
    by the way, i live in ontario, in case that matters.

oh, edited to add: to make matters worse, a few years ago someone got caught with a grow operation in these units...

2. I think you are over thinking this one to much. When you decide to smoke, put a plastic bag over the smoke detector with a rubber band to hold it over the detector, play some music to drown the noise (I use a blow torch to take dabs and my mom is in the next room and has no clue..) so I wouldnt worry about the lighter. The smell is another issue but as long as you put a towel under the door and turn the fan on I think you will be fine.

And worst casenario, as long as you dont have stuff lying out (If a cop ever were to come to your door) I'm pretty sure they just cant walk in. They normally need warrants and such (But as long as you follow the tips I posted you'll be fine)...

3. Get a vape, go on walks if you're not in a city, use a sploof, put the tv or some tunes on while you toke so nobody will hear, man you gotta be creative that's half the fun of smoking

4. If you're so paranoid, smoke in your car?

5. As for the lighter: I'm assuming you're using a disposable cigarette lighter . . . ?

They do run out of fuel eventually, and although the flint should outlast the fuel, I suppose sometimes the flint might wear out first.

6. Get some scented candles. Light up the candle, then use a bee line to light up the bud. No more lighter clicks, masked smell, and if someone does come by the door, the lit candle would vouch for your clicky innocence. And u gotta b living in paper walls if u think others can hear u inhale. Lol Dont stress too much. Just practice general caution.

7. just a cheap bic. this one's got plenty of fuel left, and it was working fine until today.

8. Get a new one, or matches or whatever.

As someone mentioned, you must have paper walls if you think your neighbors can hear your lighter or hear you inhaling. The only way that would be possible is if they had no life and had their ear pressed to your wall, their apartment was absolutely silent, and you were fairly close to the wall. Even then they would need a dog's ears to hear it, IMO.

9. Just get a new lighter lol

Edit: and play music or something if your paranoid about the clicking noise

10. Best thing to do with the towel is to be sure it's wet, that allows it to stop the smoke properly, or at least limit it more. Thank my local fire department for that tip. xD

11. Bro, you're in ontario in co-op housing. Your neighbor is probably a drug dealer.

12. ...That's sad but probably true.

13. Young you sound nervous like you smoking unmentionables . . .

14. If you're worried about someone hearing the sounds of smoking just play some music just loud enough to be heard on the other side of your door. They'll hear the music, not the bong.

15. Get a vaperizer

16. hemp wick with candle to relight it and smoke buddy.

17. yea i agree get a vape that way your not smokeing :) and no noise of a lighter :)
    i personaly think your to paronoied i have a smoke decttor in my grow room and out side of it and it has never gone off needless to say i smoke allot :)

18. Just vape that shit. There is hardly any smell at all bro. And it maximizes your herb use

19. I doubt that somebody in another apartment, or even outside your door, can hear the flick of your lighter.

If you're that worried about it, light a candle. Press the button on the lighter without flicking the wheel, hold the lighter next to the candle flame and voila: you have a flame on your lighter to light your bud with with no flicking noise.

20. do you even enjoy smoking?
    i wouldnt enjoy it if i was paranoid like that