Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Terrible stomach pain after eating cookies

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by HepiHipo, May 25, 2018.

1. #1 HepiHipo, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    I made weed cookies quite a few times over the years and I never had any problems until now. Now when I ate one it was great but next day approximately 12 hours after eating it terrible stomach pain, or better said cramps, start and they lasted for whole 24 hours non-stop. It was truly terrible experience. One week later I experimented again but with only one bite (1/6 of the whole cookie) which gave me a pleasant high for hours but again the next day stomach pain began. Not so sever as last time when I ate the whole one but still. I'm wondering if anybody had similar experience? Why is this happening? Is there anything that I can do to prevent this happening or at least not so strong? I still have the whole box of those damn cookies that I want to eat. Is there anything I can do with them to solve this problem? Any suggestion would be much appreciated!

2. Maybe its Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Interesting. I didn't know about that. Thanks for the information.
    Only thing is I don't experience any nausea or vomiting and after 24 hours I'm as good as new. So the only similar symptom it the abdominal pain.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well, if you feel that way again, try taking a hot shower/bath. If it does help, it maybe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Depending on how the cookies were made plant matter can cause those symptoms. It's puzzling as I would not think a small bite would cause that. Regardless, unless you want another episode, don't eat more. I would gift a friend with the remainder.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. That could actually be it! This time there was a lot of "weed dust (for the lack of better term)" in the herb I used (some older, dry stuff) and a lot of it probably went into the butter when I strained it. Oh, man, did I ruined them?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. They're only ruined for you, I think. Your friends or family may be able to eat them. You're probably unusually sensitive. You just have to decide if eating a cookie is worth the pain. I cannot think of anything to mitigate that effect on you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Well, at least some good news. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  9. The time delay makes me wonder whether the weed is contaminated by some sort of pathogen that needs time to grow in the gut.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I was thinking about what can I do and I figured it out.
    I put the cookie in the warm milk and mashed it up. Stirred the thing and let it sit for a moment. The cannabutter came to the milk surface. Than I used the strainer and separated the cannabutter milk from the cookie matter. I drank the milk and threw the cookie matter away. The high was pretty much the same as I would eat the cookie but no side effects, no abdominal pain. Success!
    From that I'd conclude it's in fact the plant matter that was causing me the problems!
    I'd say case closed. But if anybody has any more insights or other information on the subject, feel free to share.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Brilliant solution! Thanks for sharing that- I could have used that tech in the past, my friend, with inedible cookies.

• Friendly Friendly x 1