Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Terminology

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by torvik, Apr 22, 2009.

1. In this thread, we discuss the various terms used to describe our favourite plant.

I love the term cannabis and use it as often as possible. It adds a level of professionalism that just isn't there when you say "marijuana" (I strongly dislike that term, by the way, and I wish the media would stop using it! It was part of the racist smear campaign in the '30s - only spelled with an "H" which is even more ridiculous)

Weed is by far my favourite slang term. Cannabis is a weed, after all
    Pot isn't bad I guess, I like saying "poke smot" which of course is "smoke pot"
    Dope is horrible, I can't stand that one

One of my favourite lost slang terms is Endo/Indo, whatever happened to that one?

What are your thoughts? Also, what are some local terms you and your buddies use that are unique to you or your area? Or just shit you made up that you find hilarious? We sometimes say things like "jazz tobacco" or "the devil's lettuce"

P.S. No, this is not in an effort to "disguise" what we're talking about, we just use hilarious terms sometimes to make each other laugh. It gets old saying "smoke weed" all the time

2. terms me and my bro use-

Weed, green, bud, herb, ganja, chill, mean green, i used to use Buddah alot...

getting high:

get lifted, chill, hang out with the indian chief

3. I find myself using herb quite often. And it's like my favorite song dude it's like when I hear it I can just smell the deliciousness.
    That's one I use often to. Deliciousness. For example:
    hey what's up dan the man did you ever have any of the deliciousness I gave you last weeek?
    Hey bro I just had some of the deliciousness (when calling your roomate to tell him that you dipped into the comutitive stash)

But herb is very acceptable around "strangers" (people I don't talk about weed around).

So yeh

4. Krippy (Miami Slang), Dank, Ganja, Herb

5. Ive heard the word "Kill" used so many times I often think of Killing whoever came up with the slang term "Kill". :mad:

6. Personal fave is, Wacky tobacky haha. :rolleyes:

7. I use weed, grass, green, smoke, ganja, spliff and zoot haha x

8. Weed, ganja, mj, dank, hash (for some reason they call normal buds hash here..), skrill, endo..

Skrill's a fairly new one here. Endo went out of style, but that's the coolest sounding one imho.

9. I pretty much always call it green, I don't know why.

10. I live in Wisconsin and almost EVERYONE up here calls it "boe."

11. My favorites are weed, grass, green, reefer and marihuana. I like marihuana with an H cuz it reminds of reefer madness and the likes. I don't really like pot cuz it make me think of some unmotivated burnout who doesn't move and just stares at a wall.

12. The devil's lettuce is my favorite. :p

Oh, and when we're going to smoke pot we have "safety meetings". Not really sure why, but I've learned a lot from them meetings. :)

13. I use the word Weed, but I crack up when people say "Lets smoke some trees".
    Hehe.

14. the one i throw around with friends is smoke.

"yo you wana throw down for some smoke?"

15. The term we use to get ahold of our favorite plant is 'new jack'.

ex: "When's that fool copping that new jack, I'm tryna mainline that midnight ya dig?"

..oh wait...this thread is about pot huh?

16. Oh man...
    High/stoned: Chopped, chippin, stoned, baked, blitzed, burnt, toasted, cheech'd, chinese...

Smoking: toking, burning, choking

Dealing/buying: runnin', pushing, "______(dealers name) party", picking up

Weed:ganj, dank, skunk, sticky, herb, green, wares, grass, junk, smoke, mary jane, marry-joo-wanna, mariwhaana

I can't remember anymore

17. O shit i forgot to mention Mary Jane

18. #18 MyNameIsBud420, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2009
    High: Slanted, Blazed High
    Buying = Picking up
    Who's giving money = Who is throwing down?
    I thought of this the other day, but I'm an Herbivore. Living on herb.

19. i like calling it bud, dank, kryp, regs, the plant

20. High: Fucked, stoned, monged, buzzin'.

Marijuana: Smoke, weed, drugs.

Buying: Buying.

Who is giving money towards weed?: Who's payin' in?